Return of the Mac

toddy

Just now, Tombo said:

Owen Bradley isn't the story, he reports the stories.

I like Owen, but I do wonder how he's going to handle McClaren if he comes back. Especially given that quite recently he's been on record strongly stating his distaste with the way Mac handled the Newcastle stuff. 

It won't just be egg on his face, it'll be an entire Full English with all the trimmings. After all when he says Mac damaged relationships, he's referring to the relationship between Mac and Owen himself. 

Remember what I said about him not being the story? It remains true no matter what Owen says. 

I would like to think Owen can conduct himself in a professional manner when interviewing him,

Owen is one of the best individuals we've had on RD. 

But I recall the night when Pearson was suspended he was ranting at callers about what Mac did near the end of his tenure here.

I'm sure it will be water under the bridge if Mac can get us playing football like we were. 

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is like roulette and pretty high stakes ...If he is appointed and we win on Saturday. Then hail the return of the prodigal son, sins forgiven and a mass love in.

lose against the dirties at home .. And cue "you don't know what you're doing" boo boys, lynch mobs all out in force.

dull draw and we all start wrist slashing and blaming each other. 

Dont you just love football 

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

Except he specifically created a story... Out of basically nothing...

And if the above were true then the below wouldn't be:

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Especially given that quite recently he's been on record strongly stating his distaste with the way Mac handled the Newcastle stuff. 

That isn't him reporting the story... That's him trying to stir back up the story he created in the first place to try and get himself extra exposure... That is literally him trying to be the story...

Hope Radio Derby give him the graveyard shift

8 minutes ago, gazram80 said:

However It makes a mockery of Sam Rushes statement that MM didnt trust SM with the investment that they wanted to put into the club?

But now they do??

But maybe this is all egotistical rubbish too

Yes maybe it is - how do you know the truth of it? All we can believe is what we see on the pitch and know that football is a funny old game!

5 minutes ago, Tombo said:

By this I mean telling Radio Derby callers to 'move on' when they've mentioned Mac. That sort of clear distaste. 

We moved on, and we didn't like it.

Several tried to wear Steve's shoes, several found that they didn't fit.

Cinders went to the ball once - now perhaps she will get the chance to finally hump the Prince - and we can all live happily ever after.

4 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I would like to think Owen can conduct himself in a professional manner when interviewing him,

Owen is one of the best individuals we've had on RD. 

But I recall the night when Pearson was suspended he was ranting at callers about what Mac did near the end of his tenure here.

I'm sure it will be water under the bridge if Mac can get us playing football like we were. 

Yep it's all water under the bridge ....or is it urine ?

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Except he specifically created a story... Out of basically nothing...

And if the above were true then the below wouldn't be:

That isn't him reporting the story... That's him trying to stir back up the story he created in the first place to try and get himself extra exposure... That is literally him trying to be the story...

Hope Radio Derby give him the graveyard shift

Tricky one this .. I was pretty furious with OB over his provocative and unhelpful attitude on Steve Mac. I even started a thread on it smehwereehwere, but in the end he is a local reporter and needs to generate interest. Controversy does that. It's a bit like telling a smithy not to make so much noise with his hammer. We don't want stooges reporting on club goings on do we ? Yes he may be a bit self important but maybe we all are sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, jono said:

Tricky one this .. I was pretty furious with OB over his provocative and unhelpful attitude on Steve Mac. I even started a thread on it smehwereehwere, but in the end he is a local reporter and needs to generate interest. Controversy does that. It's a bit like telling a smithy not to make so much noise with his hammer. We don't want stooges reporting on club goings on do we ? Yes he may be a bit self important but maybe we all are sometimes. 

I'm just getting overly worked up because of the adrenaline coming from the thought ofd actually getting to see some good football again... :D

I just think it was rookie journalism... Showed a basic misunderstanding of the situation and ended up bringing down the best manager we've had in years... All to try and show off that he was a good journo... Which he isn't... Otherwise he would have been smart rather than just repeating the same nonsense over and over again...

Personally i will be welcoming him back with open arms 

yes he had his head turned but if i was manager of Charlton and Derby came calling i would be off too

Under McLaren we played the most exciting and enteraining football since Jim Smith's early premiership team which happens to be nearly seventeen years ago

I think the players would have been consulted on it and will all want to play for him so will be expecting a really positive response over the next couple of games 

Thornes return to fitness could also be key but see the return of the famous 433 with player filling there perfered roles and either Hanson or Johnson dropping in as the holding player

Can't wait

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

well I find his last spell HERE inspiring. That's all that matters to me. The rest was for your benefit.

Nothing says inspiring like snatching 8th, from the jaws of the autos while giving a longing gaze Northward. 

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

@SuperDerbySuperRams using your ITK whispers, do you know what the squad's feelings were towards SMc were when he was sacked? Do you think they'll welcome him back with open arms, or had he lost the confidence of a lot of players?

Players felt betrayed by McClaren. But most of them played their best football under him... 

38 minutes ago, europia said:

Hope you get your wish. Very rare that going back ever works out to even match the first time round, and that wasn't a success. Lots of factions in the club still, all the Clement, Wassal & Pearson leftovers to deal with. Don't get me wrong I was a big fan of Mac first time round, till it turned sour......

... But Leicester!!

20 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I like Owen, but I do wonder how he's going to handle McClaren if he comes back. Especially given that quite recently he's been on record strongly stating his distaste with the way Mac handled the Newcastle stuff. 

It won't just be egg on his face, it'll be an entire Full English with all the trimmings. After all when he says Mac damaged relationships, he's referring to the relationship between Mac and Owen himself. 

Remember what I said about him not being the story? It remains true no matter what Owen says. 

I think we all had the same sort of thoughts.

I remember after the Reading game, a group of us fans were away on a stag do, the things we were saying about him, if he had walked in the pub we were in we would have linched him and shaved off his daft tuft of hair!

Hatred is a strong word, but we were livid.

If he can turn us around, I'll forgive him, slightly.

Archived