Return of the Mac

toddy

Russell's ability to make the right descison is absolutely dreadful, shoddy and frustrating end product but he CAN turn it on. As for Anya, hard to judge when he's also spent time at full back for Watford but he's a threat.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want this to work so badly, I'd love for him now to come in and completely turn us around and finally take us up via the playoffs, now that would be special, the demons would well and truly be vanquished and it would be closure for the entire club. 

Thats my my heart however, my head says this isn't going to work and we are going to slump even further after an initial bounce. 

i will get behind him and the team 100%, im just so fearful for what I think is about to happen

39 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Sure about that ? 

Because if you look at the statistics Russell has 1.1 successful dribbles per game as opposed to the 0.8 from Anya. Combine this with the fact Russell generally scores more and has higher numbers of assists....

34 minutes ago, toddy said:

Anya has been playing at a higher level than Russell, but since Anya has been here, looks and plays so much better than Russell has done this season. I know which one I would have in my team.............

One thing from last time Mac was here is that the wide men changed a lot, to keep them fresh and as close to top form as possible, so I would guess we will use 4 of our wide attackers during most games, one week it will be Ince and Anya, with Russell and Camara ready to replace them, and then different the next. Each week we can mix it up depending on who is on form, who we are playing and how the match is going.#

It would be nice of fans to just recognise that we have at least 3 wide men that have proven they can be match winners.

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

One thing from last time Mac was here is that the wide men changed a lot, to keep them fresh and as close to top form as possible, so I would guess we will use 4 of our wide attackers during most games, one week it will be Ince and Anya, with Russell and Camara ready to replace them, and then different the next. Each week we can mix it up depending on who is on form, who we are playing and how the match is going.#

It would be nice of fans to just recognise that we have at least 3 wide men that have proven they can be match winners.

Oh I agree 100%. I always thought Mac was onto something by essentially have 4 first team wide forwards. Nearly every game you'd see our wide forwards subbed off for another two wide forwards around the hour mark. It really helps mitigate the 'hot and cold' nature of wide forwards at this level. I just don't think the selection we have now is as good as what we've had before under Mac.

On another point, I wouldn't include Camara as one of the 4 going forward. Think Wiemann is the better fit for now.

McClaren said: 'I never thought this would happen. The club had every right to sack me. It was my fault. I should have quashed the rumours and the speculation. He knows he lucky to be here. I really hope now he kicks start the Derby season we all know of.

27 minutes ago, Milbs said:

Russell's ability to make the right descison is absolutely dreadful, shoddy and frustrating end product but he CAN turn it on. As for Anya, hard to judge when he's also spent time at full back for Watford but he's a threat.

I'd agree with that. Russell definitely blows 'Hot and Cold' 

21 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Oh I agree 100%. I always thought Mac was onto something by essentially have 4 first team wide forwards. Nearly every game you'd see our wide forwards subbed off for another two wide forwards around the hour mark. It really helps mitigate the 'hot and cold' nature of wide forwards at this level. I just don't think the selection we have now is as good as what we've had before under Mac.

On another point, I wouldn't include Camara as one of the 4 going forward. Think Wiemann is the better fit for now.

The three wide men I was referring to at the end were Russell, Anya and Ince. I am not sure whether Weimann will be used out wide, think with him and Blackman there will be a question mark over where they play and what role in the squad they will have, same with Wilson and Bent.

Is ince a wide man? Is he a player to slot in behind the striker ? Wherever he has performed poorly we get the posts saying it's not his best position ,, , he's better through the middle ,,he s better out wide ,,let's see his best for us was under Mac on loan so will wait and see ,,, anya has real pace and could be seen by Mac as a really good attacking full back / overlapping wing back? With him there and Christie up the other side from the full back position we could be electric going forward ,, 4/2 /3/1 doesn't for me 

.                                                    Carson

christie.              Keough.                          Pearce.               Anja

.                                  Thorne.                         Hanson

.                     Ince.                        Hughes.                 Russell. 

vydra.         

Bring it on, with that team and the bench it leaves us would rip this division a new one ,, the next three games seeing macs team selection will tell me whether I'm excited or just mehhh 

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, toddy said:

Well a month in and we have improved.

Confidence is growing within the players, Wolves 1st half performance was as good as anything from 13/14 season.

We are on the up with the return of the Mac.

COYR

Wish that Return of the mac was on the sound track for home games. 

Archived