Return of the Mac

toddy

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I remember Mel saying Mac had no interest in the Academy, in fact Clement spent more time with Wassell on his 1st day than Stevie did in his entire stay.

That doesn't fit the Derby Way.

I'd be concerned by this more than his coaching abilities too.

When people who truly knew football, the likes of Jim Smith and Fergie described his coaching as revolutionary and being a bright young coach, you just know he has ability to get the best out of players but I'm unsure about his manner of player recruitment and that he didn't appear to want to develop academy talent; that said I know he attended St George's with Simmo and Eric when the second string played there, so it wasn't as if he was totally disinterested.

8 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Let's be honest - getting Mac back - going 443, recalling Chris Martin so that we have him and Vydra to play a similar game in 443 should one be injured or rested (or play together in an alternate formation as a Plan B) - and then get a top quality holding midfielder to cover for George Thorne and his never ending injuries and we will walk the league next year

4-4-3? No goalie? ;) 

1 minute ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Mel can forgive Steve for saying many times he doesn't want to leave? Got ya

Yeah but Mac denied for ages that it was ever anything more than speculation but then, in April, admitted that he'd turned Newcastle down in the Jan. He'd been fibbing for 3 months & trust broke down.

If he & Mel can work things out - I would welcome him back.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh well Mel can't be there then!

Of course you're certain about what happened and how it happened aren't you.

He said he will have talks with chief executive Sam Rush and the board in the coming days to iron out plans for the Rams moving forward.

"I can't wait," said McClaren.

"I'm really annoyed, angry, and frustrated about the last two months, and I am really determined to do something about it.

"I want to sit down and go through it, rectify it.

"What is the plan to put it right?

"This is not the destination.

"One end of a season is not the end. This is a journey with this club, players and the fans."

Asked if he was making a pledge to the club and the fans, McClaren replied: "No, I am not making a pledge. I am just saying how I feel at the moment.

"From my point of view, I am under contract here at Derby. I have said that all along.

"I have been questioned about all the speculation which has been going on for about six months.

"I have had it before in my career, it never affects me."

Asked if he will be at Derby next season, McClaren said: "I am under contract, so yes.

"My intention is to sort this out, to come back and be refreshed. That is my intention.

"No-one has told me otherwise and until somebody does and something happens otherwise, that is my determination.

"We must sit down and put it right.

"I am a part of that process, I want to be a part of that process to put it right."

3 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Yeah but Mac denied for ages that it was ever anything more than speculation but then, in April, admitted that he'd turned Newcastle down in the Jan. He'd been fibbing for 3 months & trust broke down.

If he & Mel can work things out - I would welcome him back.

With open arms!

Archived