Breakfast with Mel and no Bacon or Sausages!

Day

6 hours ago, mozza said:

I would like to add that days before the meeting , Daveo asked Mel if he'd like to cancel the meet up , due to recent events , Mel insisted the meeting should go ahead as planned , and that he was looking forward to it . Maybe Daveo mispelt 'meet' , and that was the reason we had no sausage or bacon ..

Despite the meet joke that is a true story!

The night Clement was sacked a couple that were off had doubts it would still be on so I sent Mel a quick message asking if the morning was still on. I didn't think it would be, expected him to be tied up with the media and meetings.

Replied fairly quickly saying I think you know the answer, looking forward to meeting you all again and how the sacking wasn't an easy decision. 

Still seeing negativity about the morning, PR spin and all that, yes we also failed to get every answers but fair play to Mel, I honestly don't think another club chairman would have done the same given what had just happened and the timing, to get the men in suits in and the manager as well, unbelievable. 

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/16/2016 at 14:48, MuespachRam said:

Hi Mel, I know you are reading this. 

Send me a private mail with the details for the flights etc whatever works best for you, I can arrange my time around you. Cheers. And don't worry about the bacon and sausages I am a vegetarian. 

ARE YOU!!!!!! I always thought you loved Sausage. In fact I`m sure you had some of Wanna`s at Fulham??

I've been on holiday in Derbyshire Dales and dodgy wifi has meant it took me about 4 days to read this thread.

Brilliant work by everyone involved, especially Mel doing this. Little point in reading any media stuff anymore. This method of talking directly to the fans is much better. Brilliantly managed by Daveo too.

Everything seems much better now after the upheaval of PC getting the boot.

In other news, the French restaurant in Wirksworth is amazing, Pie Night at the Rising Sun in Middleton is well worth it and how can the Miners Arms near Hopton have so many lovely dishes on the menu?

2 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

1 post and he makes it onto the podcast. I take us on a God knows how many game unbeaten run and don't even get the funniest poster award either!

So un-appreciated. :angry:

Put your hat into the ring to be on the show... We have 2 others who have put their name forward at least so far. 

People would love to know the man behind the match thread legend. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Put your hat into the ring to be on the show... We have 2 others who have put their name forward at least so far. 

I'm more made for TV with my dashing good looks. Not got the voice for Radio I'm afraid.

Just now, Srg said:

I really hope in turns out to be one of those "Tough up bringing", hope filling, tear jerking tales. Guy brought up by a single mother in the Bronx, turns it all around to be the match thread legend. Gangs, Drugs and Match Threads.

Just now, Ramos said:

I really hope in turns out to be one of those "Tough up bringing", hope filling, tear jerking tales. Guy brought up by a single mother in the Bronx, turns it all around to be the match thread legend. Gangs, Drugs and Match Threads.

He was down and out at one stage. Didn't know where his next meal was coming from. Begging in the door way of Foot Locker... Then all of a sudden... With a cheeky grin, a mysterious figure wearing a Wenger-esque Errea puffa coat from circa 2005, tossed 50p in his stale McDonalds burger box cash recepticle, and it was on that day, he knew that he was made to start Match Threads. 

9 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Same here, didn't stop me tho

Go on then, count me in if you need someone.

11 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Don't forget the final scene where I am finally defeated by the rival gang, the Gumps, I make a failed comback and just as it seems all hope is lost I redeem us in the Playoffs and promotion is ours and never stop matchday threads again until we win the Champions league in 2018 and hand the reigns over to B4.

1 minute ago, Chris Mills said:

Go on then, count me in if you need someone.

Don't forget the final scene where I am finally defeated by the rival gang, the Gumps, I make a failed comback and just as it seems all hope is lost I redeem us in the Playoffs and promotion is ours and never stop matchday threads again until we win the Champions league in 2018 and hand the reigns over to B4.

In the Biopic, who plays you?

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

In other news, the French restaurant in Wirksworth is amazing, Pie Night at the Rising Sun in Middleton is well worth it and how can the Miners Arms near Hopton have so many lovely dishes on the menu?

And they were just where you are at on day 1.

Burp.........

Archived