Car you currently drive?

AmericanRam

On 04/10/2019 at 18:03, bimmerman said:

id just changed the rear shocks out on it,they were made of rust ?

its all good fun,paid naff all for it and parts are cheap so something to do over the winter

Looks pretty similar to mine - an old style graphite grey 3.2 DSG Quattro. I should have got rid years back but it's a lovely bit of kit and a lot of fun on the rare occasions it can be given a bit of a blast.

Bought a 2.0 litre A3 Sport which was meant to be a more practical replacement it but ended up keeping the Quattro instead! Environmental concerns mean that it'll be the last car of it's kind I buy unfortunately. Looking at whatever Tesla is around at time of next purchase as a likely next car as they don't seem so stupidly expensive these days and the reviews seem quite positive.

Edit - I'll pop a pic up tomoz if I remember. Quite a pretty car.

Edited by 86 Schmokes & a Pancake

Mercedes AMG CLA45 

I tend to have a "sensible" car in-between Porsche's and this is it :-)

I have had it 2 1/2 years and I usually have gotten bored by now but it's such a good car. quick, fun, and I can choose between settings, so when wifey in I can toodle along and when I am on my own sport+

But another Porsche will at some point come along, last one was a new Cayman GTS , wow loved that car, but a dealer offered me nearly what I paid new for it, and after 2 and a bit years, I thought too good to turn down.

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

Need advice.

I've narrowed down the never-ending car search down to these:

Golf R MK7 (15-16)

Golf GTI MK7.5 (2017)

Audi S3 (15-16)

BMW M140i (2017)

As a 19 year old with 2 years NCD Insurance ranking as follows:

GTI - Cheapest

Golf R

S3

M140i - Expensive

I'm not sure on which to get? Anyone had any of these cars before ?

15 minutes ago, Squid said:

Hi All,

Need advice.

Golf R MK7 (15-16)

Golf GTI MK7.5 (2017)

Audi S3 (15-16)

BMW M140i (2017)

GTI - Cheapest

Golf R

S3

M140i - Expensive

All good cars ,the odd one out from a drivers perspective is the BMW as it's rear wheel drive. I love RWD  but a front /four wheel drive car is inherently safer for the less experienced driver IMO .

Golf R is a cracking car ,the Audi S3 is the same platform as the Golfs but perceived as a "better badge" in reality they don't drive as well from an enthusiasts point of view.

For me it's a toss up between the BMW and Golf R ,enjoy the decision making .

4 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

All good cars ,the odd one out from a drivers perspective is the BMW as it's rear wheel drive. I love RWD  but a front /four wheel drive car is inherently safer for the less experienced driver IMO .

Golf R is a cracking car ,the Audi S3 is the same platform as the Golfs but perceived as a "better badge" in reality they don't drive as well from an enthusiasts point of view.

For me it's a toss up between the BMW and Golf R ,enjoy the decision making .

Cheers mate.

Golf R does tickle my fancy to be honest, I just prefer the interior of the Audi.

BMW is a class car however I'm not sure if it justify's the extra 400-500 on insurance over the Golf R...

7 minutes ago, Squid said:

Cheers mate.

Golf R does tickle my fancy to be honest, I just prefer the interior of the Audi.

BMW is a class car however I'm not sure if it justify's the extra 400-500 on insurance over the Golf R...

No worries ,Audi do make a nice interior it's a nice first world problem to have. With regard to the insurance if you can afford it and you want it life's too short not to.

Having said that you are asking a man who has spent far too much on cars. 

Edited by King Kevin

11 minutes ago, Squid said:

Hi All,

Need advice.

Golf R MK7 (15-16)

Golf GTI MK7.5 (2017)

Audi S3 (15-16)

BMW M140i (2017)

GTI - Cheapest

Golf R

S3

M140i - Expensive

As we've been told that the German car industry will need us more than we'll need them. I'd hang on till Johnson gets his great deal done with the EU. You might be able to afford a brand new shiny car instead of a used second-hand one. 

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Hi All,

Need advice.

Golf R MK7 (15-16)

Golf GTI MK7.5 (2017)

Audi S3 (15-16)

BMW M140i (2017)

GTI - Cheapest

Golf R

S3

M140i - Expensive

Let's have the insurance prices!  Eye watering I bet.

Haven't had any of the above, but my last car was a  3Dr 16 plate Cupra 290 with the DSG box, so a similar driving experience to the GTI, but more in line with the Audi and Golf r in power.

If the GTI is anything like the Seat, I found the traction control a real pain in the arse, far too willing to interrupt a quick get away from the lights, which doesn't happen in the 4wd Golf R and S3.

Your list are all fairly recent cars, if you're buying on finance, or renting as I think of it, is there much difference in monthly payments to a brand new model?