Car you currently drive?

AmericanRam

On 01/04/2016 at 12:09, Gypsy Ram said:

At the risk of looking like a complete knooob,  I'm going for a Nissan GTR if this job comes through in Qatar. No tax, low interest loan of 2.5 per cent over five years puts the car at 800 quid a month or 26 pounds a day... Or I could just buy a house. 

You only live once,when I was younger I often used to sit there and think I could have bought my house for cash if I hadn't spent it on cars .[And a couple of other things]

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

You only live once,when I was younger I often used to sit there and think I could have bought my house for cash if I hadn't spent it on cars .[And a couple of other things]

If it's got either wheels or boobs it will cost you dearly. Both are worth it though in the end.

Edited by TimRam

Currently driving a Seat Ibiza Toca 1.4 (2014 plate) - Love it to bits but its rather sluggish and have to rev the living shot out of it when joining the m1. 

As a young driver (19) with an insurance cancellation (Black-box wasn't working, they claimed I tampered with it etc and cancelled the policy before I had the chance to), even though I have almost 2 years NCD my insurance on most cars is sky high.. I got quoted on a 2016 audi a3 1.4 tfsi and it was upwards of 3000.. Its put me in a pickle, as my current insurer offered me a policy back at normal value (not skyrocket high due to cancellation), however I have to stick with them now, as near enough any other insurer is double/triple what I'm paying now..

I'm looking at a Scirocco, Suprisingly I haven't been quoted 29 million on it, if anyone else on the forum has one/had one, they any good?

1 hour ago, TimRam said:

If it's got either wheels or boobs it will cost you dearly. Both are worth it though in the end.

Better off with a nice set of boobs than a nice set of wheels.

15 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

1.0 litre VW up... Tom huddlestone could beat it off the line, and could probably beat the poo out of it as well.

In all fairness, decent little car, wouldn’t like to crash with owt though as I’ll come off the far worse

I also own a VW up. Brilliant for city driving, can park it in any space. Get it onto the dual carriageway and it's rather steady. Mine doesn't like it when it goes past 40, when you eventually get up to speed it's fine. I live in an area of the city where the streets are really tight, yet people think it's a great idea to have a people carrier or a large SUV. The cars had a couple of injuries no thanks to my neighbours who like to knock my mirrors off because their car is far too big. Cheap to run, insurance is peanuts, happy days :) 

I replaced Bertha, my BMW E46 320D tourer, which was getting about 48mpg, with Loretta, a BMW X3 2.5i petrol, simply cos it had a panoramic sunroof. Now..... I work in the Automotive industry and know all about which cars people should and shouldn't buy, and I would tell everyone not to bother with my X3 as it's thirsty on fuel, but did I give myself that advice? God no! I'm getting 25.9mpg and filling up twice a week!

She's a lovely drive though

VW Sharan. 

Got them slidey door things, a hands-free tailgate that beeps so you don't get crushed to death, windscreen washer bottle, load of seats... too many to even count!  It's got some of those BHP wotsits under the thingy at the front (or so I'm told... I've never actually looked under there!)  Oh... no spare wheel though... just call me crazy!

It's got one of them cruiser controllers that stops me ramming the car in front (scary!) and the best bit...  get this... a tow bar that disappears at the touch of a button!

It's auto, and yet it's got two clutches apparently... yet no clutch pedal...  Go figure!

Ooh yeah... And if Derby played in Atlantic Blue, it would also be in club colours!    

Don't seem to have a pic of it that doesn't include my tent... sorry... will this do?...

spacer.png

Car mad, me! Can yer tell!    :-)

Thinking of buying a mk2 MX-5 for £1,600. Only done 57k miles, everything looks original. It's in a horrid orange colour but I'd have it re-sprayed. And it still has a cassette player.

Anyone owned one before?

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

Thinking of buying a mk2 MX-5 for £1,600. Only done 57k miles, everything looks original. It's in a horrid orange colour but I'd have it re-sprayed. And it still has a cassette player.

Anyone owned one before?

I had one. It was a bit lightweight and unstable. Piled it into the barriers on the entry to the a38 near toyota. It had a tyre pressure problem which wasn't sorted until just before i sold it. 

If its this one.....it looks immaculate.

https://www.bridgecarsales.co.uk/used-cars/mazda-mx-5-1-8-s-2dr-leicester-201907300609453?at_source=autotrader&at_medium=mobile-web&at_campaign=website-visit&_ga=2.25965625.567365913.1565681034-745795013.1551915037

buy it. I personally wouldn't change the colour. Its a bit different, and the plate must be worth a bit.

Plus points.

• 1.8 engine.
  • The colour will appeal to others.
  • Service history. 
  • Condition
Edited by RamNut

2 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Anyone owned one before?

I used to have a 2000 year 1.6 in silver.

I've had much faster cars but I've never had a car that's as much fun to drive - just throw it at a corner at seemingly any speed and enjoy the ride (on a dry road, mind).

19 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I replaced Bertha, my BMW E46 320D tourer, which was getting about 48mpg, with Loretta, a BMW X3 2.5i petrol, simply cos it had a panoramic sunroof. Now..... I work in the Automotive industry and know all about which cars people should and shouldn't buy, and I would tell everyone not to bother with my X3 as it's thirsty on fuel, but did I give myself that advice? God no! I'm getting 25.9mpg and filling up twice a week!

She's a lovely drive though

I've recently swapped my BMW F31 320D tourer (lovely car) for an 18 plate 2.0D X1, mainly cos Mrs Wolfie has chronic back issues and the extra height is ideal for her. I like the X3 but would have been hammered on road tax and the X1 is bigger than I expected - more boot & passenger space than the 3 series estate.

My X1 is just as economical and I would say still really fun to drive. It doesn't get the admirers like my black M Sport estate used to, though. I used to have a few comments about what a lovely looking car it was.

35 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

I used to have a 2000 year 1.6 in silver.

I've had much faster cars but I've never had a car that's as much fun to drive - just throw it at a corner at seemingly any speed and enjoy the ride (on a dry road, mind).

When i put my foot down it did a 270 degree spin on one occasion and piled me into the barriers on another. ?

Still.....it was good when it was behaving.