Car you currently drive?

AmericanRam

On 14/08/2019 at 13:12, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Currently got a BMW M140i...it's very nice and very fast but I think I'm rapidly reaching the age where something with more pliant suspension might be better for my knackered old back.

IMG_20190201_130541.jpg

I love mine but have to agree, my bum hole gives out when it drives over the smallest lump in the road

• 1 month later...
On 26/09/2019 at 23:19, bimmerman said:

Took delivery of this last Tuesday 

It's very nice

IMG_20190917_171048_956.jpg

Nice Car.

Have you told your neighbour he will need to find somewhere else to park as you will be needing both his and your drive to park on ? ?

On 18/08/2019 at 18:26, Owd miner said:

This is mine and Hilda's little beauty... Been running her in for the last 40 years... still like new.

image.thumb.png.07c0b48ba94909eb23959da0f0d05699.png

The car or Hilda?

On 13 August 2019 at 19:36, bimmerman said:

This is my toy

Picked it up cheap and in the middle of a big rebuild on it! 

IMG-20190801-WA0012.jpeg

Changing the wheels doesn't count as a big rebuild ?

Oh cars, I love em but it’s hard now with crowded roads and necessary policing to have a thrash. There isn’t really a safe place to do it responsibly anymore.

18 months ago my 35 year affair with Alfa Romeo ended. Short of a lotto win the ones with an engine worth having are gone.

loved my sud Ti ..  despite the rust. Sold my 164 3.0 24 valve when it had done 140,000 miles and was still singing like Callas. What an engine. 

finally ended up with a German. 64 plate A4 avant 3.0 tdi Quattro. No soul but it’s insanely efficient, how can 6 pots and 242BHP give you 50 to the gallon .. but driven carefully it does. 

Cant wait for electrics to be truly universal. All that torque  and throttle response but the infrastructure has a long way to go.

Sith Happens
9 hours ago, jono said:

Oh cars, I love em but it’s hard now with crowded roads and necessary policing to have a thrash. There isn’t really a safe place to do it responsibly anymore.

18 months ago my 35 year affair with Alfa Romeo ended. Short of a lotto win the ones with an engine worth having are gone.

loved my sud Ti ..  despite the rust. Sold my 164 3.0 24 valve when it had done 140,000 miles and was still singing like Callas. What an engine. 

finally ended up with a German. 64 plate A4 avant 3.0 tdi Quattro. No soul but it’s insanely efficient, how can 6 pots and 242BHP give you 50 to the gallon .. but driven carefully it does. 

Cant wait for electrics to be truly universal. All that torque  and throttle response but the infrastructure has a long way to go.

Yeah a crowded isnt the place, i try and stick to the shower these days :)

Currently have a Mazda CX-5 2.2 diesel. For first time in my life went for an automatic. I'm getting about 3mpg less then the manual, but at 2500 miles its got a little running to do.

I am absolutely staggered by how easy and stress relieving an auto is to drive particularly in traffic. Its 6 speed and gear changes are almost unnoticeable unless I'm clogging it a bit to get past slower BMWs (joking lads!).

Other bit of useful tech is the radar cruise control which basically tracks the vehicle in front and maintains a safe distance, will also brake for you down to stop, then start off again. Scary bit is when you forget you aren't on cruise control and are getting a bit close but even then it fires a very loud warning and below 25 will hit the brakes for you.

On 01/10/2019 at 00:51, RamNut said:

Changing the wheels doesn't count as a big rebuild ?

id just changed the rear shocks out on it,they were made of rust ?

its all good fun,paid naff all for it and parts are cheap so something to do over the winter