Stephen Warnock

Bris Vegas

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because Sports Interactive who make it have a team of dedicated researchers who are fanatical about the data their input into the system

Hmmmm, I am intrigued.  So the dedicated & fanatical researcher calls the clubs, who in the interests of a computer game emails over a copy of their employees salaries?  :lol:  :lol:  Ok,thanks for clearing that up for me.

My dad's a Leeds fan, so I've seen a fair bit of em on the tv, and warnock looed solid every single time I've seen him, considering he's been up against the likes of Russell, adomah, robsan-kanu that's no bad

I imagine Leeds would want rid of him as he is one of their higher earners and need to get out of ffp

Overall I'm very pleased with this signing, we get a very competent and experienced (this being the key) lb proven at this level rather than some non league or foreigner no ones head of to compete with Forsyth

Plus the dirties lose arguably their beat player, here's hoping they go down :rolleyes:

I looked at this way. Imagine we have a big game, take Bournemouth for example. Something happens to Fozzy and he has to go off..... Do we really want Lee Naylor as our only person to turn to?

I think it's a great bit of business, we won't be paying much on the transfer fee side so I don't see the problem

Will have exactly the same impact on the team as Eustace does in big games, commanding, will rally the lads and get us organised when the younger ones are potentially flapping a bit. Just look at the Leeds forum and see what they think to losing him! Some strong personalities in the dressing room now going in to the second half of the season, exactly what we need! excellent piece of business by Mac and co! i for one am chuffed! 

Forsyth frustrates the f**k out of me so I'm pleased he's hopefully being replaced.

There's no way that Warnock can give the ball away more than Forsyth does, so that's enough for me.

I've analysed 14 aspects, i'll write in detail later, but foz wins 8 to 6.

However, on possession lost: Warnock 242, but Forsyth 517

I looked at this way. Imagine we have a big game, take Bournemouth for example. Something happens to Fozzy and he has to go off..... Do we really want Lee Naylor as our only person to turn to?

Is he even going to make the bench though? Assuming the current back XI keep their starting jobs for the moment, if we sign Albentosa, we'll have Shotton, Albentoza and Warnock competing for probably 1 bench spot.  You've got to assume that Roos, Bent, Bryson, Mascarell, Dawkins and Ward are almost nailed on for the bench if they aren't starting.

Why's it a strange deal?  He brings with him something invaluable, experience.  He's a good addition to the squad and will provide much need competition for Forsyth who's been an ever present for the past two seasons simply because we haven't had any other left backs...  When the chips are down and we need to dig out a result against Bournemouth on a high pressure Tuesday night in February I for one would much rather call on Warnock's services than an 18 year old Everton/Man U/Schalke loanee...

I just think it's an unnecessary signing at this point, given that our recent success has been built on a reasonably-sized, tight-knit squad in which everyone has a role. We have the right blend of exciting young talent and experienced professionals already. We have experienced professionals in the camp in Barker, Naylor, Eustace, Bent, Grant and Whitbread already.

Unless he's a remarkable improvement on what we already have and will usurp Forsyth, I just don't see the point in bringing in a 33-year-old to play second fiddle on what will undoubtedly be a comparatively handsome wage, when Naylor is already here waiting in the wings similarly experienced and probably cheaper too.

I just don't see where he fits in, personally. Why would he leave his role as captain and first-choice left back at Leeds to sit on the bench here? And if he's not joined to sit on the bench, where does that leave Forsyth?

Forsyth is by no means the perfect left back but he has served us well so far and while we're in the Championship, he fits the bill and to have that continuity is nice.  I know the team has to evolve but I just think it's a dangerous game to play and you only have to look at what happened in our last promotion campaign to suspect that it could wobble the apple-cart having to juggle so many first-team players and fit in so many fresh faces.

Again you could understand it if this were a player with something to offer in the future or someone who could potentially step up if we're promoted, but Warnock is someone in the final throws of his career.

Fair play to McClaren if Warnock comes in and does the business. He's proven me wrong before.

We've all said that we have wanted cover/alternatives for Chris Martin and Fozzy and now we have them in the shape of two experienced ex England internationals, both of whom will have to fight their way past the existing incumbents to play.  Significant investment and support from the owners/Board. 

And if they don't happen to work out one goes at the end of the season and the other in 18 months time, or less

What's not to like? 

So if they all come in:

...................................Grant.................................                              ...............................Roos...........................

Christie..............Keogh...........Albentosa........Forsyth                        Shotton.........Buxton........Whitbread.......Warnock

....................................Thorne............................                                ............................ Mascarell...............................

.................Hendrick.....................Hughes..................                        ..............Bryson........................Coutts..................

Russell..........................Martin.......................Ibe                                Ward.....................Bent........................Dawkins

So if they all come in:

...................................Grant.................................                              ...............................Roos...........................

Christie..............Keogh...........Albentosa........Forsyth                        Shotton.........Buxton........Whitbread.......Warnock

....................................Thorne............................                                ............................ Mascarell...............................

.................Hendrick.....................Hughes..................                        ..............Bryson........................Coutts..................

Russell..........................Martin.......................Ibe                                Ward.....................Bent........................Dawkins

No Eustace? Blasphemy!

So if they all come in:

Then add the development side, and that's three teams :)

I just think it's an unnecessary signing at this point, given that our recent success has been built on a reasonably-sized, tight-knit squad in which everyone has a role. We have the right blend of exciting young talent and experienced professionals already. We have experienced professionals in the camp in Barker, Naylor, Eustace, Bent, Grant and Whitbread already.

Unless he's a remarkable improvement on what we already have and will usurp Forsyth, I just don't see the point in bringing in a 33-year-old to play second fiddle on what will undoubtedly be a comparatively handsome wage, when Naylor is already here waiting in the wings similarly experienced and probably cheaper too.

I just don't see where he fits in, personally. Why would he leave his role as captain and first-choice left back at Leeds to sit on the bench here? And if he's not joined to sit on the bench, where does that leave Forsyth?

Forsyth is by no means the perfect left back but he has served us well so far and while we're in the Championship, he fits the bill and to have that continuity is nice.  I know the team has to evolve but I just think it's a dangerous game to play and you only have to look at what happened in our last promotion campaign to suspect that it could wobble the apple-cart having to juggle so many first-team players and fit in so many fresh faces.

Again you could understand it if this were a player with something to offer in the future or someone who could potentially step up if we're promoted, but Warnock is someone in the final throws of his career.

Fair play to McClaren if Warnock comes in and does the business. He's proven me wrong before.

firstly, this move is about 'defence' and Warnock will be first choice once he gets the shirt... he'll keep it. I can see Forsyth starting the next couple, but then, in the name of freshness, Warnock will start.

secondly, what recent success? You're mentioning tight knit squads, which means you're obviously looking at it over a period of time, and I hate to remind you, we failed at Wembley, we didn't succeed. 

Is he even going to make the bench though? Assuming the current back XI keep their starting jobs for the moment, if we sign Albentosa, we'll have Shotton, Albentoza and Warnock competing for probably 1 bench spot.  You've got to assume that Roos, Bent, Bryson, Mascarell, Dawkins and Ward are almost nailed on for the bench if they aren't starting.

We are playing games Saturday and Tuesday most weeks,so if we've got 2 very good players for each position,it's a no brainier

I dint think Albentosa is coming to warm the bench,he's exact what we need in defence,an animal 6ft +

So if they all come in:

I'm interested to see who doesn't even make the bench each week

Grant

Christie Keogh Albentosa Forsyth

Hendrick Thorne Hughes

Russell Martin Ibe

Roos, Shotton/Buxton, Warnock, Mascarell/Eustace, Bryson, Ward/Dawkins, Bent

We are playing games Saturday and Tuesday most weeks,so if we've got 2 very good players for each position,it's a no brainier

I dint think Albentosa is coming to warm the bench,he's exact what we need in defence,an animal 6ft +

Yeah, but we don't want to be shuffling the back 4 about every game - we need to pick our strongest backline and stick with it where possible.  You've got to assume that Shotton will get the bench spot (if he's not starting) as he's the most versatile.  So most matches, 2 of Bucko, Albentosa, Warnock and Forsyth won't even make the bench.

We have the right blend of exciting young talent and experienced professionals already. We have experienced professionals in the camp in Barker, Naylor, Eustace, Bent, Grant and Whitbread already.

Why would he leave his role as captain and first-choice left back at Leeds to sit on the bench here? And if he's not joined to sit on the bench, where does that leave Forsyth?

Forsyth is by no means the perfect left back but he has served us well so far and while we're in the Championship, he fits the bill and to have that continuity is nice.

We do not have much experience. Barker, Naylor and Whitbread have played their last games for the club. Bent is no leader or galvaniser of men. We have Eustace and Buxton only who you would want to rely on for experienced professionals on a Matchday.

Warnock has not come to sit on the bench. He has played for big teams, some 300 prem games, and represent England at various levels. He is coming to get Fozzy's place and Fozzy will hopefully work hard and perform well to keep it.

What has being nice got to do with anything. This is professional sport. Dog eat dog. No one in our team should feel confident that they are automatic picks next game. If we get Warnock and Albentosa none will.

Archived