Stephen Warnock

Bris Vegas

Give over, he's a decent left back but he's not fecking Roberto Carlos as you seem to make out. According to Leeds fans he's on roughly 17k a week and I doubt he's going to take a pay cut just to come here for 6 months. So he's likely to join and be 1 of our largest earners

That's not how it works. He'd already know what deal, if any, LEEDS will offer for next season. So if we offer him

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give over, he's a decent left back but he's not fecking Roberto Carlos as you seem to make out. According to Leeds fans he's on roughly 17k a week and I doubt he's going to take a pay cut just to come here for 6 months. So he's likely to join and be 1 of our largest earners

Never said he was Roberto Carlos.. He's just a perfect signing for what we need at the time. 17k a week - pure speculation (as Steve would say) Shall we leave the numbers to the people in the know? Steve, Sam Rush, Chris Evans? Im pretty sure they're clever enough not to overpay him.. its not Football Manager

Never said he was Roberto Carlos.. He's just a perfect signing for what we need at the time. 17k a week - pure speculation (as Steve would say) Shall we leave the numbers to the people in the know? Steve, Sam Rush, Chris Evans? Im pretty sure they're clever enough not to overpay him.. its not Football Manager

Regardless of how much he is paid, I'd have thought we could find someone better than Warnock

You actually seen him play? Think you'll be pleasantly surprised..

Plenty of times and I rate him above Forsyth, but he's 33, had a few injuries in recent seasons and I'm not sure he could cut it at Prem level any more. Albentosa seems like a signing that could possibly make the step up to the Prem based on reviews from Spain and the teams who were interested, Warnock doesn't. Hope I'm wrong though  ;)

Well we've all been asking for a LB that provides any competition to CF and he looks to fit that bill even if he does end up as second choice and adds some experience, seems like he could be the ideal mentor for Lowe for example, and maybe some extra leadership having been Leeds captain. And he's on short contract so we can cut our loses pretty sharpish if things don't work out. 

Only potential issue is the wages, apparently he's on a lot at Leeds so if we were paying the same it seems a bit much but I'm guessing we'll never know. Also worth pointing out the Leeds have had issue recently of their local media reporting payers wages to be more than they actually are, that's why Noel Hunt was allowed to leave because the fans hated him thinking he was on

Looking like it's actually happening, making me look a bit daft.

I know we needed better competition for Forsyth, but is a 33 year old average Championship player with no scope for improvement really just that? Seems a bit odd.

If it's to the end of the season with an option - then that makes sense, get an experienced reliable player in - even at 15-17k a week, for 25 weeks, that's still a drop in the ocean compared to what promotion is worth.

Clear that we can't afford to have our promotion push derailed by some freak injuries, or suspensions etc

Lee Naylor vs Southport showed that losing Fozzy would be a disaster. He was distinctly average..against a non-league team.

Set to sign today. 

Interesting signing. I guess it gives us that much needed experience, another leader in the pack and a player willing to get the ball down and play. 

I think it'll be difficult to oust a player that's been ever-present during the last two seasons, but he'll certainly give us a viable, competent option. It'll be interesting to see the contract length. 

Naylor contract cancelled? Can't be on much but seems daft to keep him unless he's offering experience off the pitch

Agree with GreenRam that Naylor looked awful and is really not up to it if Fozzy gets an injury.

I've heard that Naylor is very good with the young players and acts as a mentor to a few of them. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as part of the academy set up. I doubt they'd cancel his contract as it won't save any cash as he would be silly to agree to make himself worse off when his days as a pro footballer are clearly over in July.

On the Warnock transfer - I'm just amazed. An older, expensive player who doesn't fit McClaren's player profile. The only thing that I can think of is that we have been unable to find a good young left back antwhere and have realised that if Forsyth gets injured, the lack of available left backs would make finding a decent loan replacement impossible. Maybe Mel Morris has judged that spending a couple of hunderd thousand on Warnock might just be a sensible insurance policy.

This is starting to look a bit like we are desperate to go up this year to me.

Would of thought Naylor was helping out with the kids and getting coaching badges.

Warnock transfer comes across as a bit of a band aid fix to get us through until the summer when Steve knows if he needs a top Championship player or a Premiership standard player.

Not to be taken seriously but is usually a good indicator, Football Manager has Warnock down as being on

Bloody hell there is some nonsense being spouted on here this morning.

Warnock is a very good left back - great experience - prem and international - playing very well this season. He even comes without a fee.

Reasons given not for buying:-

He plays for Leeds - blind hatred

He will upset the balance in the dressing room - based on what evidence. As Mackworth stated every player in our squad has someone breathing down their neck, except Forsyth.

He will cost too much in wages - why don't we trust Rush and the money men at Derby who have done a great job in the last 3 years?

Really think this is a great bit of business, especially if we go up.

Bloody hell there is some nonsense being spouted on here this morning.

Warnock is a very good left back - great experience - prem and international - playing very well this season. He even comes without a fee.

Reasons given not for buying:-

He plays for Leeds - blind hatred

He will upset the balance in the dressing room - based on what evidence. As Mackworth stated every player in our squad has someone breathing down their neck, except Forsyth.

He will cost too much in wages - why don't we trust Rush and the money men at Derby who have done a great job in the last 3 years?

Really think this is a great bit of business, especially if we go up.

He's still under conract - why would he come without a fee?

Archived