Stephen Warnock

Bris Vegas

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't understand why all the bashing. Maybe 'cause he is playing for Leeds? He has looked good or better everytime I've seen him. More than capable dropping Forsyth to the bench.

If he is available for free, this deal would be no brainer in my books.

Hope we get him.

Can't understand why all the bashing. Maybe 'cause he is playing for Leeds? He has looked good or better everytime I've seen him. More than capable dropping Forsyth to the bench.

Hope we get him.

Why would Leeds let him go for free? He's under contract and supposedly playing well, and they are in a relegation fight.

In fact I don't understand why they would sell at all. He won't command a big fee with his age and short contract. It must be in their interest to just let him play out the season and help them securre their place in the division, rather than pocket something like

I wouldnt mind this if he was on a free , i just dont want us spending money on him (other than wages) , would much rather bring in someone younger ( like sswankambo) who is hungry and wants to start every game and can push fozzy all the way than someone who most likely will make us his retirement home for one last paycheck , quality sometimes is better than experiance.

Grant, Christie, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Eustace, Hughes, Bryson, Russell, Ibe, Martin.

Roos, Shotton, Albentosa, Whitbread, Warnock, Thorne, Mascarell, Hendrick, Ward, Dawkins, Bent.

Our strength in depth is frigtening.

And coutts

Hope we get him.

We should be looking for a 23 year old not a 33 year old.

To help bolster the push for promotion I think he's a good buy as cover or choice for LB. Ignore who he plays for and that he has a dirty streak, he has improved radically this season (seen him twice). Getting a more mature and experienced defender in has worked before

Honestly CANNOT believe some of you attempting to criticize this! Was racking my brain trying to think of who we could bring in as competition for the left back slot. Never did I think we'd bring someone in at the level of Stephen Warnock. A leader, quality in the tackle with a decent left foot, not afraid to get forward, what more do people want?! We're about to steal (if true) another Championship sides captain and arguabley best player to provide us competition at left back. Reality check needed!

As people have said, if true we will have 22/25 players worthy of first team football and that excludes several promising under 21's. It will be interesting to see the match day squad - what a choice!!

But you have to keep players/dressing room happy and I would expect to see some outgoings (Coutts Whitbread Freeman etc)

Interesting days.

Honestly CANNOT believe some of you attempting to criticize this! Was racking my brain trying to think of who we could bring in as competition for the left back slot. Never did I think we'd bring someone in at the level of Stephen Warnock. A leader, quality in the tackle with a decent left foot, not afraid to get forward, what more do people want?! We're about to steal (if true) another Championship sides captain and arguabley best player to provide us competition at left back. Reality check needed!

Give over, he's a decent left back but he's not fecking Roberto Carlos as you seem to make out. According to Leeds fans he's on roughly 17k a week and I doubt he's going to take a pay cut just to come here for 6 months. So he's likely to join and be 1 of our largest earners

and Bennett

TBE used to sign them in pairs, so I suppose Solis will be next if McClaren follows the old established pattern.

Oh sorry, thought you said Wanchope. So similar

Archived