Match Thread - Oxford United (A) - Tuesday 22nd October 2024

Crewton

HT 1-0

Very little composure when we get into good positions.

Ref booked Osborn for his only moment of quality, a perfectly clean tackle. Then he gave a non-existent foul against Elder who gave the ref a thumbs up, so was promptly booked for that. Oxford players like Vaulks can foul with impunity.

Blackett-Taylor has seen a lot of the ball, but seems bereft of ideas. But he is our outlet. 

Harness and Jackson should be on before too long.

2 minutes ago, PrideParkhead said:

It's a thoroughly depressing watch. Warneball at its worse. Like watching a load of school kids coached by the Geography teacher cos nobody else wants the job

It is and we’ve seen it so many times before. I am trying so hard to get behind Warne and then he delivers a performance like this ?

We're still very much in this game despite our lack of quality in that final third. For two big blokes, NML and CBT are useless with their backs to goal, so weak. We need to get them in behind or facing up to the defenders.  Poor Yates is working tirelessly but getting very little help in pressing the back four.

Poor goal to concede too. For me NML was at fault for not tracking his man and blocking the cross. However we defended the actual cross poorly too. 

2 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Blackett Taylor hauled to the ground. Should be penalty. Nowt given. Then the Oxford full back dives over thin air and Elder is booked. Come on PGMOL, we can see right through you.

This ref is a joke, he's buying every dive from them, booking Osborne for a clean tackle, not booking Vaulks for a second foul straight after having to talk to him. Buying another fiver from a defender trapped by his corner flag. 

So it continues.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

46% pass success in the final third, that’s Sunday league level stuff 

Sky commentator says our final ball is awefull. Can’t disagree unfortunately. So disappointed in Kenzo . So highly rated by us but cannot create a chance. Dissapears away from home . Please prove me wrong in the 2nd half . 

Worrying quality gap. Oxford aren't a good side but they've got a few good players.

We need the likes of Osborn and Goudmijn to show a lot more. Shaky in defence and slow and ineffective passing forwards.

Elder, NML and a couple of others looking very League One tonight. 

Hoping for a better second half. 

All the usual complaints about the standard of refereeing do nothing to deflect from how poor we've been.

We need to get our own house in order first.

Can't criticise the referee if professional footballers are unable to pass the ball 5 yards to one of their teammates. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

Desperately disappointing so far. Nothing redeeming about it, except we are only 1 down.

Oxford are playing at 60% and missing 2-3 important players and they still look so comfortable.

All of them need to take a long, hard look at themselves. This is so far below the required standard tonight.

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Sky commentator says our final ball is awefull. Can’t disagree unfortunately. So disappointed in Kenzo . So highly rated by us but cannot create a chance. Dissapears away from home . Please prove me wrong in the 2nd half . 

He’s tooooo deeeep. 😡

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

Desperately disappointing so far. Nothing redeeming about it, except we are only 1 down.

Oxford are playing at 60% and missing 2-3 important players and they still look so comfortable.

All of them need to take a long, hard look at themselves. This is so far below the required standard tonight.

As it was against Sunderland. Not improving is it?

I thought that was woeful. We look devoid of an attacking plan. The passing and movement is non existent. Osborn hasn’t impressed me at all in any of the games I have seen thus far. Mendez-Laing looks well off it and his tracking back was poor for the goal. Elder is another left back not as good as Forsyth, so can go in the draw with the others as far as I am concerned.

Maybe we need to get Kenzo on the ball in their half instead of next to Nelson and Cashin. Just a thought.

CBT looks our only threat. What is frustrating is that Oxford aren’t really that much better. And the ref is, well, another one, we always get them.

On the positive side I have just had a Mars Bar out of the fridge so I enjoyed that. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

All the usual complaints about the standard of refereeing so nothing to deflect from how poor we've been.

We need to get our own house in order first.

Can't criticise the referee if professional footballers are unable to pass the ball 5 yards to one of their teammates. 

He's disrupting the passage of play by consistently making the wrong decisions. 

Yes we've been poor but are you happy with the refs performance? I doubt very much he'll score very well with the assessors or be happy with his own performance should he watch it back. 

7 minutes ago, Justa said:

It is and we’ve seen it so many times before. I am trying so hard to get behind Warne and then he delivers a performance like this ?

I think the players need to hold their hands up for that 45 minutes. They’re grown men and professional sportsmen!