Millwall (A) - Match Thread

Crewton

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

My opinion is he’s making consistent errors THIS season which is costing us.

He’s not the reason we play so badly away from home but these errors are just starting to cost us.

Genuinely I can’t think of another error he’s made leading to a goal this season. What are the others you’re talking about? 

A very ugly game. So many times Derby players managed not to find team mates standing ten yards away from them. 
Why outfield players let Zetterstrom hoof it forward is beyond me. We have enough players in the squad who can pass the ball. The coaching staff should be working on that.

We work hard because our control of the football means we have to. 

4 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

We did a job, again restricted the opposition to very little, and apart from one absolute goof we did enough. The key difference was that Millwall’s closing down for ed us into errors time and time again. Something to work on, I reckon.

But our first point as a great step forwards.

That's Millwalls style. One of the best teams in the league for tackling/winning the ball back. Also very good with set pieces and counter attacking.

Knew it would be a draw today, two very similar styled teams cancelling eachother out. 

Sloppy in moments but having Ozoh back and Kenzo pushed higher up will do wonders for the midefield 

Well, that’s the famous “10 games” in measure up for scrutiny. 

Played more of the better sides than the strugglers, and here we are bang on mid table. Considering the number of new players, the improved standard of the opposition it looks fair to say we are doing the business with potential to improve.
It sounds as if today wasn’t the best in terms of skill and style but there will always days like this. Add in Ozoh to come back I’d say phase 1 is on schedule and in budget.

Bonus .. Yates opens his account and we get to go again on Tuesday COYR

2 minutes ago, Castor said:

That's Millwalls style. One of the best teams in the league for tackling/winning the ball back. Also very good with set pieces and counter attacking.

Knew it would be a draw today, two very similar styled teams cancelling eachother out. 

Sloppy in moments but having Ozoh back and Kenzo pushed higher up will do wonders for the midefield 

Just back that point up - two high tackling teams = one very scrappy game!

Screenshot_20241019_170849_Chrome.jpg

Our passing and control of the ball was phenomenally poor today. Disgraceful offside decision given by the Lino to deny us a penalty. Atwell gave them everything except in the last ten minutes when he just gave everything. Overall a shocking game of football best forgotten. Take the point, pretend it never happened and move on. 
🐏

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Another desperately poor away showing, which we deserved nothing from, so you take the point. But the way we threw away the win… sickening. Very lucky to have it in the first place, but you just can’t throw it away like that. Could really cost us those sort of mistakes.

We deserved nothing from it yet threw it away? Wise words as usual.

I see my favourite official was in charge today...getting some pelters on here I see, I watched Oxford Vs WBA earlier and the official in that game was shocking...the Oxford fans constantly singing...you don't know what your doing ☺️

Our officials in England have got to the stage where it's accepted and carry on and don't complain, Yes there'll be a report as there will be an assessor in the stands, But Atwell is and EPL/FIFA/UEFA credited official makes you wonder how the holy feck he got that far.

On the game...take a point any day of the week against that crowd 👍

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Not sure what’s so hard to understand? We were significantly second best, but fluked the lead through some dreadful goalkeeping. We didn’t deserve to be in the lead, but we were, and we threw it away

The whole idea in football is to score, We scored so we deserved to be in the lead...it really is that simple init 😁