QPR (H) - Matchday Thread

6 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I'm curious as to why you think that ? Because of having a more unified press ? 

The way I interpret Warne's typical game plan.... On the ball, the two main requirements are progressive passes and progressive runs. Success rate isn't important as long as the defensive side of the game is also present. This puts 'defence' at the top of the priority list, as without it, everything else fails.
This is a big part of the reason I feel our ball retention also suffers because it can be hard for some players to switch between 'risky decision mode' and 'playing safe mode' at the right time.

If you take the DM and CM roles in Isolation. If Warne was trying to sign one, he'd ideally want someone who makes a high number of defensive actions (1), plays progressive passes (2), and attempts progressive dribbles (3). Being strong in the air (4) would probably be next.  With our budget, we have to make some compromises.
Goudmijn - 2 and 3 are very high, 1 below average, 4 low
Ozoh - 1 is very high, 3 is high, 2 average?, 4? (wins everything but low qty)

8 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

I was joking but if @jono can't do a second thread, why are you doing another after the Sheffield and Sunderland losses? I don't recall @Animal is a Ramretiring either, just you deciding he should. 

Because @jono thread didn’t just cause a loss it caused mental trauma to all derby fans. Who knew you could play with the ball still, when it was out of play.

If QPR had everyone available Jake Clarke Salter would be one of the first names on the team sheet (hence his new contract and premier league interest) aswell as Varane being selected to cover in front of the back 4. Both will be missing against us which means they will be missing there top tackler, second top interceptor, their two top passers and two of their three top long range passers. 

Them two are so vital to how they want to play we should almost play how we wouldn’t want to play if they were available. If they were available I’d want us to be wide focused on attack and to look for balls along the floor and cut back to Kenzo etc. 

As they are missing though I’d focus at getting at them through the middle and getting in and around Field, Madsen and Cook. Madsen is more attack focused and will be alongside Field who also isn’t the best defensively. If we get Kenzo and one of Chirewa or Harness on the other we should overload them and find time and space to get at them. 

With this it also suits a wing pairing of CBT and NML as CBT naturally wants to play in the box and get shots off and if we make them get narrow defensively CBT will be able to be in the box to get shots off and NML will have space out wide to create chances off the right. 

On counter attacks I’d imagine Yates will be told to drag Dunne with him as he’s a better Right back than centre back so won’t be as good positionally as cook, another positive to this is Cook will not have the pace to keep up with our wingers or number 10 when being countered which will give us more space and time in behind. 

This is a very winnable game if we play to their weaknesses while nourishing our strengths but if we let them play with the ball on the edge they will hurt us. 

Big game. Couple of 'ok' performances but no points to show.

Now got a team at home, bang out of form and key players down.

Ideally we want the points and a performance. 

3 points and a drab performance I can live with. 1 or 0 points but we go at them and are unlucky, then it's not the end of the world yet.

No points and a poor showing, followed by a bit of a break.. then the mood won't be great at all.

We can't completely control the destiny of the points but we can definitely show we mean business. 

Zetterstrom 

Wilson Cashin Nelson Fozzie

Adams

Harness   Kenzo

Jackson     Yates      NML.

Tell NML he's got 45mins to 'gas out' and then CBT is on. 

5 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Because @jono thread didn’t just cause a loss it caused mental trauma to all derby fans. Who knew you could play with the ball still, when it was out of play.

I accept my guilt without reservation. When I started the thread, my first ever, I had dreams of a 10 game winning streak, glory for DCFC, my name in lights and basking in hyperbolic praise from my fellow forum members. Now I feel like that aging striker with legs that have gone and only 98 year old Derek in B stand remembers that once long ago I had something special in my boots. The youngsters just wonder why on earth I still drive a Ferrari. Mazza (also in B stand) said I moved like a Trabant with the choke out. (Not that he’s old enough to know what that is ) 
Life is fickle and careers are short 🤪

3 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Big game. Couple of 'ok' performances but no points to show.

Now got a team at home, bang out of form and key players down.

Ideally we want the points and a performance. 

3 points and a drab performance I can live with. 1 or 0 points but we go at them and are unlucky, then it's not the end of the world yet.

No points and a poor showing, followed by a bit of a break.. then the mood won't be great at all.

We can't completely control the destiny of the points but we can definitely show we mean business. 

Zetterstrom 

Wilson Cashin Nelson Fozzie

Adams

Harness   Kenzo

Jackson     Yates      NML.

Tell NML he's got 45mins to 'gas out' and then CBT is on. 

But the big question, after the Norwich game , is can we win  despite the officials.

Nervous about this, need 3 points to steady the ship and keep heads up. That said, apart from Cardiff, it looks like every team we have played, win or lose, so far, is above us in the league. In terms of coalescing early season form” we have met the better sides and competed well. Tomorrow is one where 3 points goes a long way to confirmation that we are not strugglers. 

I wonder of the cagey injury talk might be good news about Ozoh ? .. ( yeah ok, over optimistic but hope is useful at times) 

Whatever it is I am glad Warne’s got the nous to do some mind games. They’ve been done to us often enough. 

25 minutes ago, Owen87ITK said:

He’s fine, came off with cramp. 

I’m suffering with a bit of cramp myself and I’ve only been sat on the overnight bus for 46 mins.

I’d like to say I’ve got the first half out the way, but with 8 hours 15 mins to go before I catch a train after that. 

Aberdeenshire Rams flag has been left at home but I’ll be cheering them on in the East Stand Upper.

As I’m heading to Leeds after the match for The Wedding Present.

Up The Rams 🐏

On 03/10/2024 at 14:04, Ghost of Clough said:

Zetterstrom

Wilson   Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth

Adams
Goudmijn                         
             Harness

Jackson   Yates   Mendez-Laing

Subs: Vickers, Phillips, Nyambe, Osborn, Ward, Chirewa, Blackett-Taylor, Collins, Brown

Tsk, tsk... Please when posting line ups, can we include legacy numbers in brackets alongside the players' names. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I’m suffering with a bit of cramp myself and I’ve only been sat on the overnight bus for 46 mins.

I’d like to say I’ve got the first half out the way, but with 8 hours 15 mins to go before I catch a train after that. 

Aberdeenshire Rams flag has been left at home but I’ll be cheering them on in the East Stand Upper.

As I’m heading to Leeds after the match for The Wedding Present.

Up The Rams 🐏

Fantastic bands. Was lucky enough to see them both in their prime in the mid - eighties 

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Aah, matchday. The wonderful prospect of a three hour each way journey by train and replacement bus.

Please, you wonderful rams, make it a joy!

Sun's out.  Bike's out!  🌞 🚴‍♀️ 😎

The joys of living local. 

Don't envy you buddy... Or the likes of @Inverurie Ram and his night bus expeditions, and many more that put in the hard miles.

It's folk like you that make matchday's special.

Here's to a journey home full of smiles, and 3 points in your bag.  🍻 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Aah, matchday. The wonderful prospect of a three hour each way journey by train and replacement bus.

Please, you wonderful rams, make it a joy!

Three hour train and bus journey? You were lucky. When I was a lad we had to walk everywhere using just one foot and one hand, licking ‘t road clean as we went.

11 hours ago, Andicis said:

This has the feel of an important match to me. It's critical we put a stop to the losing form, QPR at home is a game really we need to be winning. 

Yep, this is a game against a relegation rival at home so should give us a chance to see how good the squad actually is