Better Refs & Linos Than Today's

Comrade 86

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

Warne started in his post match interview that he'd had an apology from the PGMOL, I assume that was for last week's awful decision. That's 2 defeats running which were down to the officials.

That stood out in the interview for me as well. Shame it wasn't followed up on - can surely only be for Osborn's good tackle at Sheff Utd that was given as a free kick they scored the winning goal from? Warne said he received the letter this week.

Are manager's allowed to say what decisions the PGMOL have apologised for in writing?

7 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Has the ref and linesman apologised yet?

I'd love to sit the ref down and ask him what he actually saw on the first half corners when he blew against us. absolutely shameful decisions 

I knew  from that point on he was going to cost us , you could just see it coming 

I’m not sure if this has been discussed in any of the threads but did anyone notice the strange reaction by the referee for the first goal? Usually they would signal a goal by pointing to the centre spot but he just stood there for ages seemingly asking the players to wait. It was if he was waiting for some kind of VAR intervention.

I've mentioned on it before but I do think the standard of refereeing started declining when they introduced headsets so they can talk to one another to 'speed up' the communication between the ref/linesmen/4th official. I think it distracts all the officials from actually paying attention to the game, blurs the chain of command when making decisions, and most frustratingly gives them an excuse to not properly communicate to the players. 

15 minutes ago, McArthur Park said:

At the start of the second half,as the officials came out to a cacophony of boos, the "other" assistant ref came over to check  the North Stand goal, pointed to himself and mouthed " it wasn't me"!

Are you sure he didn't mouth "it wasn't me, yet"?

He missed one in the second half.

I thought we had a good shout for a penalty too in the 2nd half when Jackson was barged in the back by Cordoba, just inside the area. That was the referee's chance to even the decisions, but he bottled it. Afterwards, when he gave Jackson a free-kick (from which Kenzo drew a good save from the Norwich keeper) you could see from the sky highlights Jackson throw his hands towards the heavens and say "at last".