Ebou'ts It Wide

SK47

19 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Shoot or run it over to the corner flag more like.

He was just knackered - he'd covered every blade of grass again but still chased down the clearance, beat the keeper, and effectively ran the clock down until there was no time for Cardiff to mount a final attack.

He created the chance all by himself, so no-one should really be annoyed about it but Ebou.

On 14/09/2024 at 11:52, Rev said:

This is spot on. 

He'd sprinted from penalty spot to penalty spot, winning a 50/50 header on the way, through sheer bloody mindedness in the 97th minute when he was clearly knackered well before. 

I look at it as a great piece of pressure release play, rather than the worse miss I've ever seen.

After being absolutely everywhere for the preceding 90 minutes. He was brilliant today. He and Derby are just a perfect match.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

He was absolutely dead on his feet on the Cardiff transition which resulted in the corner before the chance, yet he was able to run the length of the pitch even if it did end up in.. THAT. 

23 games and 10 goals conceded with him on the pitch. He’s an animal. I’m seriously struggling to think of any player in watching Derby that has such a physical presence on the pitch and just seems to be where the team need him to be. He’s working his way up to Buxton and Barker type football heritage in my heart. I just adore him as a footballer. 

I like how people are trying to find reasons for him missing it - all he needed to do was just run it in, it was that easy,  and he for some reason suddenly tried to hit it with his left after it looked so much easier to just take two more touches with his right and it would have rolled in 😂😂😂

Sadly for him that will be played over and over. I still don’t think it’s the funniest thing I’ve seen a Derby player do, for me it’s still Darren Bents own goal against Leicester in the FA Cup - unbelievable finish.