Bristol City (H) - Match Thread

Such an enjoyable day - physical and hard working in the first half, expansive in the second. Midfield with Ebou back starting, just outstanding. Ozoh my man of the match by the end. Front three hard working, Mendez-Laing tracking back notably. Now how do we fit the 2 new signings and Osborn in ! U-18 winning again too. There are some very good, big budget sides to come, but if Carlsberg did Saturdays…

Just got home and still buzzing !

Without a doubt the best performance by a Derby side under Warne !

No surprise as it’s the best the midfield has looked too 🙂

Everyone is a shout for MOTM - Ebou was brilliant again and Cash and Nelson were superb.

Elder is like a new player though ! He never played like this last season.

Atmosphere was also brilliant and we shut the City fans up 🙂

Ozoh is my MOTM, really starting to see his potential now….

Be interesting to see if the new recruits will get slotted in as no-one deserves to lose their place..

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Ozoh was a beast today, he will only get better too with the more experience he gets.

Screenshot_20240831_174902_X.jpg

Took this piss out of everyone on the pitch today and the lead up to his goal is a perfect example on why he needs to break the lines more. He has all the talent to glide past defenders and set up on our way.

Just now, Castor said:

Took this piss out of everyone on the pitch today and the lead up to his goal is a perfect example on why he needs to break the lines more. He has all the talent to glide past defenders and set up on our way.

Ozoh's goal today just typified his and the whole teams performance, he simply wanted it more & bullied their player to beat him to the ball to smash it home

That was brilliant. Everything I want to see - grit, flying into tackles and blocks, neat touches, power and pace. Superb performance and shout out to the big lad in goal for the saves in the first half. Wonderful afternoon.

I suppose the only downside is having to watch our former academy players who we had such high hopes for having to drop down a level in order to get a game. 
Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Well well well… that’s a blueprint. There’s a lot analyse there but fundamentally, we rode our luck early on but really grew into after we scored and realised we didn’t need to be quite so afraid. The confidence started to come. 

The fans got loud second half, then we seemed to score shortly afterward. After that, you could visibly see the Bristol players lose their arse. They went to bits for 10 minutes in which we really should’ve scored a 3rd in that period. Huge credit to the pressure the fans put on and our players for riding with it. 

Great performance, great win. 

Ozoh is going to be some player one day. He’ll play at the very top end of the Premier League in my opinion. He’s got everything - both physically and in terms of ability on the ball. Genuinely unreal player, reminds me of Yaya Toure.

Still a bit raw in terms of his defensive positioning at times, but that’s why he’s here. The more games he gets under his belt, the better he will get at holding his position. He was outstanding today

Absolutely enjoyed that and we could comfortably had 6 goals 

keeper played well Cashin was a brick wall and Ozoh has a habit of being tentertive and average in the first half then enormous in the second half and a beast - they all played well and Bristol caved in to the physical aspects and one or two of them were somewhat mardy 

Nice to see knight and Bird back with knight being a bit tetchy but he was captain and it was going badly for him and Bird put in a few beautiful passes in which our lads were blocking the goal bound shots. After going to Watford last week where they were enormous Bristol looked tiny today, just strange to see the big difference 

UTR 

I can only reiterate the comments from my laudable colleagues:

Great performance, they helped by running out of steam after 20 mins and some top class keeping from Jacob

Once we started playing and Kenzo was slotting passes around there was only ever one winner. They huffed and puffed in the second half but once we had contained their impetus, and started doing the right things we romped home.

Ozoh was mighty as was was Eboooooooo. Cashin had a stormer too. Not one player was less than 8 for me, it was an all round team performance capped by some outstanding cameos

Kenzo and Yates should share MOTM closely followed by Cashin and Ozoh

Shout out for Warne and staff for getting that performance out of them after the Barrow shambles

With new players to come and a nice little rest before Cardiff things are looking very positive indeed

COYR

Just back at the folks after the match.

Very enjoyable. First 25 mins we made generally poor choices in possession and either overplayed or miscommunicated and lost the ball.

After that tho.....good decisions everywhere. Choosing when to spread the play quickly as opposed to just going back the way we'd just come. Tore Bristol apart really, tho they helped us by coming to play rather than sitting in.

Ozoh did a few tremendous dribbles where he seemed to have half their team either hanging off him or trying to tap his ankles....and he still emerged with the ball and played a decent pass.

Can't remember the last time I saw 3 Rams goals live.....

2 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Just looked at the match stats. It says we had only 36% possession. Can that be right, that stat?

Up until around the 80th min the second half possession stats we near enough 50%. Bristol just padded that stat out towards the end. 

4 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Just looked at the match stats. It says we had only 36% possession. Can that be right, that stat?

We do play on the break. There was about a 5-10 min spell in the second half where we bossed possession but overall that seems about right.

But look also at the number of shots and I think we had more?

5 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Seems right. They didn’t do anything with it a lot of the time because we defended well but they did have the ball a lot more than us. 

Difference this time is our 36% was us playing some nice stuff and getting the ball into good areas rather than the 30% in other matches where it was just us cleaning it long.