Your next manager would be?

RYRAM

4 minutes ago, europia said:

Someone with experience of building a successful team on a low budget. This pre requisite would narrow the list of candidates significantly. 

If Warne ends up back at Rovrum ( and i really hope he does land on his feet as he's a great bloke ) and Southampton get twitchy and fire Russel Martin I think he'd be a good fit for us ....a lot of ifs though lol

Former Leicester, Stoke, Bolton and Iceland international player and now manager of Reykjavík club Víkingur, Arnar Gunnlaugsson.

Made Víkingur league champions in 2021 and 2023 and has won the cup 4 times in a row and likely to make it 5 this year.

Norrköping was after him, but negotiations broke down, as they weren't prepared to pay decent compensation to Víkingur.

Víkingur is currently cementing their place in the group stages of the European Conference League.

Will cost, but not a high amount, as he has only 1 year left on his contract with Víkingur.

So who would fans want as Warne's replacement? I was always told if you're going to replace something then that replacement as to be an improvement, or there's no point in replacing it.

What would fans think they'll get from a new improved manager? Maybe the ability to get the current players, who some posters on here believe are either of a Division One standard or lower, or to old, playing attractive attacking football. Find a 20 goal striker, a pacy centre back and for good measure a goal scoring midfielder, that many believe we need to be competitive. Which should be a piece of cake with the transfer window firmly closed. If he can find those three players on the free agent list, then he'd be more than an outstanding manager, he'd be a miracle worker. And if he his a miracle worker, have we the finances to pay the wages of these players? 

If Mr Clowes did decide to replace Warne. Who's available, because It's unlikely our finances would stretch to paying off Warne as well as paying out the compensation required to free any manager presently employed, which would instantly reduce the list of candidates to those presently unemployed. That list will be further reduced by who of those on the list are actually capable of doing the job? If a short list of candidates can even be compiled, would any of those listed actually want the job and could we afford their wages?

I can't come up with one name never mind a short list of names. I await to hear from the more knowledgeable amongst us to come up with a genuine name for who could be a realistic replacement for Warne. 

What happens if this new improved manager can't do what it said on the tin? Do we go back to the hire and fire policy we had under Morris? Probably not, as our new owner won't want to finance such a policy.

While it may well be a hard and difficult season for us to get through. Unless there's a plausible replacement for Warne. Then I don't see the point of not only changing the manager but what will also be a significant portion of the management team.

So until someone comes up with the plausible name of who'll replace him.  Then I'm happy to stick with Warne. A manager who no matter what some people think, as proven he can get results with this squad. The recruitment of new players may be questionable, is this just down to him or does our recruitment team bear some of the responsibility. Even if he can't bring in the extra players most of us think we need. I think he is capable of getting this current squad playing at the levels needed to be competitive in the Championship.

2 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

RoyMac5 - Head Coach

DCFC Kicks - Assistant Head Coach

May Contain Nuts - Technical Adviser

I-Rams - Head of Overseas Recruitment

Should see us in the National League within 4 years.

I am honoured to be linked with such esteemed company.  I will do the job to the best of my abilities, but there aren't too many professional footballer asylum seekers coming from France into Littlehampton on a dinghy.

10 minutes ago, Papahet said:

The only realistic option is Rowett surely.

Again crap football, but think he'd get us more points on the board than PW short term anyway.

McLaren is too busy watching Cool Runnings to take up a job over here.

I didn't mind Rowett tbf. Thought he was fairly harshly treated by fans and generally didn't bite back and remained pretty respectful. With hindsight over Mel...maybe he had good reason to act as he did.

As a manager he was fine, not as drab football as Warne's can be.

All irrelevant because Warne ain't going anywhere!

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He can't even get 'the best team in L1' promoted, so he'd have no chance here.

His football is more suited to the championship than league 1. I think he’s like Russell Martin at Southampton I to k he’d struggle in league 1 as well. It’s not a football division it’s a run and kick people division. You get more time on the ball in the championship to get styles working 

13 hours ago, jenno said:

I know he gets a lot of stick from some clueless fans but I would have Gary Rowett back (he fell out with Mel Morris which is why he was forced to leave).

He did wonders at Millwall with a very low budget and got them to the play offs a few times. Not the most exciting style of football but effective and is currently without a club so would cost nothing in payoffs. He knows how to wheel and deal so could be a good fit in our current situation.

Oh yes, that 2nd leg at Fulham was riveting stuff.