Tawanda Chirewa - Signed on Loan

Srg

Interesting article from Wolves Head of Development or whatever his job title is.

This made me chuckle though "a big crowd which really knows its football.”

Can't have delved too deeply into the 60 page Middlesbrough match thread...

Welcome to Derby Tawanda, we don't know our lucky from our tactical masterclass.

11 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm sure that isn't exactly what was said. After all he attracted a couple of young loans last season - who were they again I've forgotten.

Surely you remember the fella we signed from Sunderland? He was so excited to play for Warne he looked like he was going to cry in his welcome to Derby interview.

These puns are off the scale , your just making a rod for your own backs now we have to trawl through loads of posts to find any proper info on the player we’ve netted 🤷🏻‍♂️

40 minutes ago, Archied said:

These puns are off the scale , your just making a rod for your own backs now we have to trawl through loads of posts to find any proper info on the player we’ve netted 🤷🏻‍♂️

They have a whale of a time doing it - poor soles.

17 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Interesting article from Wolves Head of Development or whatever his job title is.

This made me chuckle though "a big crowd which really knows its football.”

Can't have delved too deeply into the 60 page Middlesbrough match thread...

Welcome to Derby Tawanda, we don't know our lucky from our tactical masterclass.

I don’t think he was talking about the computer club 😉

8 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes for booting the ball away which was really petulant.

Really hope its a one off as we need all the help we can get without having to manage with ten players in some games.

Just a thoroughly depressing night.

Yes it was a bit petulant - though when a barrow player did exactly the same in the second half it was completely ignored by the referee. 

And the petulance shouldn’t hide the good things he contributed. His ball control looks good, he works hard and is skilful - looks to play forward whenever he can and has a bit of pace. Like any young loanee he’s a work in progress learning his way and learning not to be petulant is part of it. 

Couple of times he should have sprinted for a ball down the line and checked out. That'll be coachable as he gets used to us. Struggled to have an impact in a poor team display but one particularly disappointing episode with a glorious chance to cross with Barks and Collo in the box went sailing over everyone.

One (I think)sublime turn away from two in the midfield which Sky managed to miss.

The booking was awful. He'll have been told so I hope.

Enough touch to make me think he'll be better than that. He'll need to be. Someone needs to create and he's been brought in to do that.

30 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

Couple of times he should have sprinted for a ball down the line and checked out. That'll be coachable as he gets used to us. Struggled to have an impact in a poor team display but one particularly disappointing episode with a glorious chance to cross with Barks and Collo in the box went sailing over everyone.

One (I think)sublime turn away from two in the midfield which Sky managed to miss.

The booking was awful. He'll have been told so I hope.

Enough touch to make me think he'll be better than that. He'll need to be. Someone needs to create and he's been brought in to do that.

Yes, I was briefly encouraged by him bringing the ball under control, then looking up before precision passing it into Lake Windermere 🤦‍♂️