Barrow (A) - Match Thread

Sean

HT 0-0

I think Tommo, Adams, Gouldmijn, Fozzy, Nelson have all looked fine. 

Zetterström had some shaky moments with his feet but pulled off a good save. 

Chirewa showing promise but making some wrong choices and a silly booking. 

Bradley, Ward, Barkhuizen and Collins all very poor. Ward and Barks almost redeemed themselves at the end of the half after Gouldmijn played Ward in with a lovely ball, Ward hit his first decent first-time cross, Barks actually met it, not completely cleanly but it looked to be going in. The keeper made a good One-handed save but ended up lying on his back with the ball hanging in the air a foot from goal. Last season Dwight Gayle would have dived forward and headed it in. Collins just rocked backwards and forwards on his heels and the keeper got up to collect it. 

I like @Eoghan1884's team for the second half. Get Yates and Brown on. 

3 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Not this again obviously warne is involved in training and tactics but if as a professional footballer you think it’s ok to pass to the opponent every time there’s no helping you 

Not this again…..

Dare to criticise Warne and have condescending comments from far superior posters.

2 minutes ago, Vyrdasm said:

These players are our backup in the championship for the next 46 games 🤦

They’re also what we have to bring on to change a game. Was noticeable on Saturday that after subs the only real way we were going to score was from lumping it up. 

Not watching but it sounds like early season last year when we were rusty slow and tentative too. Need to sharpen up and play to our strengths. 

Blistering second half please Rams .. Ta

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

Barrow beating us in pass acuracy, viva la Warneball.

Like I get it, Warne ain’t silky. But you absolutely cannot blame him for some of the childlike basics in that first half from supposed professionals. Me and you could have passed it better than some of what we’ve seen.