Barrow (A) - Match Thread

Sean

Zetterstrom

Nyambe    Nelson  Bradley  Forsyth 

Adams    Thompson

Kenzo

Ward              Collins         Blacket-T 

Something like that I'd say 

JWZ - Nyambe Nelson Bradley Forsyth - Thompson Adams Kenzo - Ward Brown Barkhuizen

Lutha Elder Ozoh NML Jackson Washington Yates Collins

I think we will see someone from the u21s make the bench to fill the final spot....if a new signing isnt done in time

Zetterstrom

Ward     Nelson     Bradley     Forsyth

Adams     Thompson

Jackson    Goudmijn    Blackett-Taylor

Yates

Subs: Luthra  Nyambe  K Robinson  Elder  Ozoh  Barkhuizen  Collins  Brown  Mendez-Laing

Yates needs to bed in, even if I'd love to try Brown again. CBT needs a game if fit. Tommo deserves a start. Ward should get minutes as well.

Zetterstrom

Bardell         Nelson        Bradley     Forsyth

Adams

Thompson       Guidmijn

Ward                  Brown                   CBT

(Luthra, Nyambe, Elder, Ozoh, Allen, Washington, McAndrew, Collins, Yates)

Couple of young lads on the bench and getting minutes if match situation allows. Give Bardell a start at RB alongside the experienced Nelson and behind Ward. 

We know what Collo offers and no point in risking injury to our #1 striker in Yates by starting him so Daj starts for me. He was excellent against opposition one division below so lets see how he fares against L2 defenders.

A rest for NML.

I probably wouldn’t change it too much, Ward will be ready to start so perhaps he gets a run out.

Zetterstrom, Ward, Nelson, Bradley, Forsyth; Ozoh, Thompson, Kenzo; Barkhuizen, Yates, NML. 

Thompson was excellent last time out, Yates needs games. NML could do with a game to find his rhythm. 

6 hours ago, cannable said:

For a generation of us, the cups are our only and last chance of going to Goodison.

I know it won’t be on the staffs radar, or even many of you, but it’s stuff like that which makes this must win for me.

Strong as possible.

Missed out on Highbury, Upton Park, White Hart Lane, Maine Road… let’s not add another.

Just twigged what you're getting at at!  (I'm a bit slow!)

I was fortunate enough (or not!) to have visited all those on your list.  Some more than once. 
Also... off the top of my head...  Ayresome Park, Burnden Park, The Goldstone Ground, Victoria Ground, The Dell.  And I've stood on The Kop (when it was terrace, obvs).  To a (much) lesser degree, I also got to Filbert Street (😉), Blundell Park, Gay Meadow... and even The former England National Hockey Stadium! 😉

Unfortunately... and to clarify I'm not bragging(!)... I didn't make it to the likes of Roker Park (Arguably my biggest miss!), Highfield Road, Eastville, Fellows Park,  and possibly quite a few others that are now gone for good. 

I'm probably in the 50-60 group rather than the 92, but there's some good grounds there (with hindsight!) that are sadly gone for good.

Here's hoping you get your chance to not miss out on another staple of the Great English Football grounds.  🤞

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just twigged what you're getting at at!  (I'm a bit slow!)

I was fortunate enough (or not!) to have visited all those on your list.  Some more than once. 
Also... off the top of my head...  Ayresome Park, Burnden Park, The Goldstone Ground, Victoria Ground, The Dell.  And I've stood on The Kop (when it was terrace, obvs).  To a (much) lesser degree, I also got to Filbert Street (😉), Blundell Park, Gay Meadow... and even The former England National Hockey Stadium! 😉

Unfortunately... and to clarify I'm not bragging(!)... I didn't make it to the likes of Roker Park (Arguably my biggest miss!), Highfield Road, Eastville, Fellows Park,  and possibly quite a few others that are now gone for good. 

I'm probably in the 50-60 group rather than the 92, but there's some good grounds there (with hindsight!) that are sadly gone for good.

Here's hoping you get your chance to not miss out on another staple of the Great English Football grounds.  🤞

Barrow will be no. 93 for me, but I’ve only ever counted one visit to the club regardless of the ground, but looking at your list I’m thinking I must have done well over 100 actual grounds.

I might have to do a bit more research.

Need to give some game time to Forsyth, Tommo, Barks, Ward, CBT(if fit), and give Brown a run out, should have enough to get the win, and well done to all going, I am working away in south London so not a chance off me attending, roar the boys on to victory. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

Edited by DerbyAleMan

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

Barrow will be no. 93 for me, but I’ve only ever counted one visit to the club regardless of the ground, but looking at your list I’m thinking I must have done well over 100 actual grounds.

I might have to do a bit more research.

No idea what "The Rules" are with "The 92"... which let's face it, must change every now and then anyway, as teams get replaced in The EFL.

Personally, I see nothing amiss by stating "The number of (League) grounds visited..."

I'd stick to the "well over 100", if I were you.  
In fact, being anal, I'd more likely count 'em up, stick 'em on a spreadsheet (inc number of visits to each ground), and shout out the precise numbers with gusto!  😁

🍻 👍

A bit of rotation to mage fitness level and avoid more injuries.

Zetterström

Ward   Cashin   Bradley   Forsyth

Ozoh

Goudmijn   LThompson

Barkhuizen   DBrown   Yates

Subs: Luthra, Nyambe, Nelson, Elder, Adams, Osborn, Jackson, Mendez-Laing, Collins

13 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

No idea what "The Rules" are with "The 92"... which let's face it, must change every now and then anyway, as teams get replaced in The EFL.

Personally, I see nothing amiss by stating "The number of (League) grounds visited..."

I'd stick to the "well over 100", if I were you.  
In fact, being anal, I'd more likely count 'em up, stick 'em on a spreadsheet (inc number of visits to each ground), and shout out the precise numbers with gusto!  😁

🍻 👍

I didn’t write them down until a few years ago but then I decided I’d better make a list before I get any older😂

When you started listing all the grounds that have now closed it got me thinking of a whole new list.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A bit of rotation to mage fitness level and avoid more injuries.

Zetterström

Ward   Cashin   Bradley   Forsyth

Ozoh

Goudmijn   LThompson

Barkhuizen   DBrown   Yates

Subs: Luthra, Nyambe, Nelson, Elder, Adams, Osborn, Jackson, Mendez-Laing, Collins

Don't think Cashin will be back will he?