Tyrese Fornah loaned to Salford until end of season

JfR

16 hours ago, Sparkle said:

No surprise he has gone but obviously it’s been difficult to find some club to take him for a season - Warne thought he was signing a Adams  type of player but Adam’s contribution in ten minutes outdid Fornah entire contribution. At least Warne had the honesty to realise his mistake 

He doesn't seem to think that he's made a mistake though, I interpret that he believes that Fornah would be better suited to Championship football and was going to give him every chance to prove that this season. He seems a little disappointed that Fornah chose to leave rather than fight for his place, so not the type of character that he wants in the club. Perhaps his mistake was not judging the character of the player rather than his skill, as he still believes that there is a championship player in there.

Maybe it's not about Fornah's character though, it could be more a confidence thing, whereby he doesn't believe that he has the ability to hold his place in this team?

Hopefully, a good season with Salford becoming a key part of the team will prove to himself and others that he is worthy of a place in a higher division.

1 hour ago, OoooMarkWright said:

I am slightly concerned that Warne is placing such a big emphasis on how much of an athlete you need to be to perform at Championship level. He mentions here that Fornah athletically is championship level. Pre season he mentioned that the big difference between League 1 and the Championship is how much of an athlete you need to be, how much and how fast you need to run. Seems a little simplistic to me. 

Athletic and with football talent would be splendid I suppose 

20 minutes ago, ram59 said:

He doesn't seem to think that he's made a mistake though, I interpret that he believes that Fornah would be better suited to Championship football and was going to give him every chance to prove that this season. He seems a little disappointed that Fornah chose to leave rather than fight for his place, so not the type of character that he wants in the club. Perhaps his mistake was not judging the character of the player rather than his skill, as he still believes that there is a championship player in there.

Maybe it's not about Fornah's character though, it could be more a confidence thing, whereby he doesn't believe that he has the ability to hold his place in this team?

Hopefully, a good season with Salford becoming a key part of the team will prove to himself and others that he is worthy of a place in a higher division.

The player didn’t want to be here because he didn’t think he would play - he was correct but Warne gave him the stock answers 

I think from Warne's assessment, Fornah wasn't settled here. He got off to a poor start, really reckless and a liability and Warne quite rightly didn't play him as much from November onwards. What bugged me more than anything was his lack of desire to get back and help the defence once he got tackled. From his social media, Fornah looked like he was all ready to go to play for us but, as usual, agent influence has more than likely played a big part. 

I am puzzled that he didn't at least try and fight for the shirt for half a season. He'd more than likely make the bench in most games now we have 9 subs. Good luck to him though.

Edited by SSD

Not really a surprise, is it?

It could've been a low-risk high-yield business, but it ended with the most likely scenario. 

Hopefully, he gets the playing time he is after! 

Sounds like Fornah would rather be the big fish in a small pond, than fight for a place here. Nothing wrong with that I suppose, wish him well. We all have our employment preferences.

I suppose that mirrors him leaving Premier League Notts Forest to come here; He thought he'd walk into the team.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

The player didn’t want to be here because he didn’t think he would play - he was correct but Warne gave him the stock answers 

It was up to him to make it impossible for Warne not to play him. Injuries, suspensions and poor form from others could have given him an opportunity. 

How many times has a left back been brought in to replace Fozzy? We've never seen him demanding a loan because he appeared to be down the pecking order, he just got on with it and kept grabbing the opportunities when they came, repeatedly pushing out so called better and younger replacements.

4 hours ago, ram59 said:

Maybe it's a bit like when Tommo wanted to go on loan the other season. Warne didn't want him to go but Tommo wanted to play. It was obvious that he would have been here 'just in case'. I reckon the same for Fornah - he disappeared even when not injured, for chunks of last season and couldn't get in the squad. He wants to play and perhaps thinks Warne just wants him as back up not likely to play much?

Edited by RoyMac5

2 hours ago, The Running Man said:

Sounds like Fornah would rather be the big fish in a small pond, than fight for a place here. Nothing wrong with that I suppose, wish him well. We all have our employment preferences.

I suppose that mirrors him leaving Premier League Notts Forest to come here; He thought he'd walk into the team.

‘Sounds’ like you make a lot of suppositions without any knowledge. The lad gave of his best for us, and I hope he has more game time and success with Salford.

I thought he did ok when he played - made a couple of errors - Tommo made one the other night - Bradley has made more than a few etc - yet Fornah seemed to disappear from view.   It's quite obvious Warne  doesn't fancy him - for whatever reason isn't clear but it has to be more than what he showed on the pitch - or if it is just that I disagree with with our coaching staff .  

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C_a0dJtSjsK/?igsh=MXZqYm9hbGlvZXU0cQ==

Very brief snippet from one of the Overlap podcasts in which Paul Scholes talks about ringing Fornah to convince him to join Salford. He mentions Fornah was due to join an unnamed club then changed his mind. Just found it interesting so figured I’d share.

EDIT - I’m assuming it’s Fornah, he’s not named but as he’s the only Derby player to join Salford in the last couple of weeks I reckon I’m correct.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

I think there's a player there, but if he can't bring himself to fight for a place, he's best out of the building. He's 25 next week, so he needs to knuckle down and find the right level for him. Some players just want to play without earning it.

54 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I think there's a player there, but if he can't bring himself to fight for a place, he's best out of the building. He's 25 next week, so he needs to knuckle down and find the right level for him. Some players just want to play without earning it.

This seems a little bit harsh. Adams has come in and smashed it so even Osborn now is going have to earn his place back. Realistically Fornah would be 6th choice for us. Looking at the signings and healthy midfield state and realistically weighing up how much playing time he'll likely get doesn't make him lazy or unmotivated, he probably just wanted to guarantee he's playing at this stage of his career. That's better for his development that potentially fighting but failing to play much here?