Vs Middlesbrough (H) Match Thread

DCFC1388

Well I really didn’t see such a organised and controlled performance after the Blackburn game - I will take 1-0 tight wins at home all season with some topsy turvy away games for fun. 

Get these 4 or 5 other players in now and I’ll be quietly confident about safety. It is going to be a long season but I think this season is just all about survival and next season is about being more “comfortable”. 

9 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Had a read of the Boro thread, it seems their fans see the inability to breakdown a well-organised side as that well-organised side being absolute s**** and their terrific superstars being darned unlucky.

20 shots and 4 on target. 71% possession and most of the time ineffective. Perhaps there's more problems for the pubeheads to worry about than us. Never mind hey.

I thought their players were really unlucky too. Finished the game and had to go back to Middlesbrough. 

9 minutes ago, thischarmingram said:

Well I really didn’t see such a organised and controlled performance after the Blackburn game - I will take 1-0 tight wins at home all season with some topsy turvy away games for fun. 

Get these 4 or 5 other players in now and I’ll be quietly confident about safety. It is going to be a long season but I think this season is just all about survival and next season is about being more “comfortable”. 

Investment is the aim, thats what David Clowes wants. We all know it,  to compete at the top half its the only way sadly .unless we fluke a few decent loans .Its a bottom six scrap ,season after season 

Not wanting to sound negative but thats the reality of where we are, today pretty well backed that up 

However fight and guts is massive , so well done today

I sat down as the game started and I was adamant it was a Mr B Madley in the black shirt with the whistle, but someone behind me convinced me it wasn't... Bamford!! 

Anyway, a team effort, from start to finish. 

Losing Cash and Wilson was a blow but seemed to galvanise the team

Massive credit to the defence especially Vickers, with JWZ stretching ready to go on the sideline. 

3 points. Onwards and upwards. 

I must admit I didn’t see the game today, as I’ve been away this week and sky sports + was useless. Having seen some of the comments and Sofascore ratings it looks like Josh Vickers had a fantastic game. If he was as good as it sounds, does he keep his place for next week? It would show the gks that they have a genuine competition for the starting job and as Eric Steele said on Radio Derby a few weeks back, the #1 shirt is Vickers’ to lose. It would also give Zetterstrom more time to bed in.

53 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Apart from the stress, I really enjoyed that! 

Boro fans weren't as vocal as I thought they'd be and Gibson going home empty handed really cheered me up.

He went home with a hair brush

image.png.145a8c0210f5a08ee199c4505ea457cd.png

20 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Had a read of the Boro thread, it seems their fans see the inability to breakdown a well-organised side as that well-organised side being absolute s**** and their terrific superstars being darned unlucky.

20 shots and 4 on target. 71% possession and most of the time ineffective. Perhaps there's more problems for the pubeheads to worry about than us. Never mind hey.

Yeah, I had a visit a couple of hours ago. Of course, all our fault for not coming out and allowing them the space to play expansive, attractive football and score at will. NAUGHTY WARNEY!!

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

4 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

I must admit I didn’t see the game today, as I’ve been away this week and sky sports + was useless. Having seen some of the comments and Sofascore ratings it looks like Josh Vickers had a fantastic game. If he was as good as it sounds, does he keep his place for next week? It would show the gks that they have a genuine competition for the starting job and as Eric Steele said on Radio Derby a few weeks back, the #1 shirt is Vickers’ to lose. It would also give Zetterstrom more time to bed in

I think it will do Jacob the world of good, he will realise that out current GK was arguably MOM and will keep him focused and realise that he isn't coming here with little to no competition for the #1 keeper accolade.

Edited by chewbacca

7 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

Investment is the aim, thats what David Clowes wants. We all know it,  to compete at the top half its the only way sadly .unless we fluke a few decent loans .Its a bottom six scrap ,season after season 

Not wanting to sound negative but thats the reality of where we are, today pretty well backed that up 

However fight and guts is massive , so well done today

I think this model will be built on smart recruitment and making key sales when we can to fund squad improvements. If we don’t do that then you’re right without investment, but overall the player recruitment I think has been positive since Clowes with what we’ve got to work with. 

You know we've heard it said that at Championship level you don't get away with the silly mistakes that you can in League One. And today was a great example.

Boro made a silly error which we punished clinically. That's the Championship, and that's us. Because we are Championship and you can't get away with such a sloppy backpass.

Not against a Championship side such as us

Not at this level

Championship again ole ole

1 minute ago, thischarmingram said:

I think this model will be built on smart recruitment and making key sales when we can to fund squad improvements. If we don’t do that then you’re right without investment, but overall the player recruitment I think has been positive since Clowes with what we’ve got to work with. 

Yes agree we are doing as much as we can, but to push top half heavier fees and wages are needed sadly and that comes from new investment 

Elder and Vickers going from zero to hero is good for squad selection and morale. Osborn, Elder, Vickers, Nyambe and Jackson all amazing today with moments of quality and ridiculous work rate. Nyambes tackling is a joke. Some great moments from Ozoh who I think will be very good once he settles and gets used to being a starter in professional football. A few more signings + Yates and CBT back the squad will start to look like a championship squad. If we could back that win up with a point or three at Watford it will be a good first 3 games back to life in the championship. 

It was with a sickening feeling I realised in June that our first home game was same day I was jetting off to Spain. Even worse that it was against the tinpot bunch who tried to strongarm us into liquidation.

Stood in the queue at Leeds Bradford airport & one of their lot sees my Derby top & says 'gonna beat yous today pal'. Grimaced & broadly agreed. What a lovely surprise that when landing, I furiously checked phone to see game had just finished & we'd done them. My 'pal' was stood bemoaning the queue for gents so sauntered over...'hello pal, got some more bad news for you. You got beat...up the Rams' 😆

Now Im no fan of Warne & I fully reserve the right to call him out in October if we're mired in the bottom 3. But sticking it to those scumbags after the misery their owner inflicted on us 2.5 years ago feels very sweet indeed. Thank you Paul Warne & thank you Derby County. Cold beers are being toasted this evening in Catalunya, up those mighty Rams 💪🖤

Edited by LeedsCityRam

1 hour ago, eddy779h34 said:

did anyone notice their goalie played almost the entire half stood near the half way line as a extra defender.

Well he wasn't there when his defender played that dodgy back pass, which led to our goal.😁

A great day out, and a great 3 points enjoyed every minute of that a cool finish from Jacko, and every player gave it there all, my MOTM, was Ben Osborn, never stood still for a second, ran his wot sits off, with that effort and passion every game we will be fine. So glad for the football to be back, oh and a mention to, about the crowd, we stayed behind them all game, that is what WE need to do every game. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

Edited by DerbyAleMan