Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Not really, I’ve not known many transfers where a player has his medical then plays another 3-4 games for his current club. 

Im just glad the mess is over and we’ve got our man. Just hope he isn’t s**** after all this!

I meant a normal transfer for teams playing in Europe. My bad, I should've been more accurate.  I guess our fans are not used to such transfers...

He is a good keeper, I just hope he and the fans react well after the first inevitable mistake.

41 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Wasn’t us that made us a shambles. From what I’ve heard Djurgården messed  us around like nobodies business during this transfer, every time we were expecting to sign him it was “just one more game” like a 15 year old playing his Xbox at midnight. 

No dig at the club. I just hope we don’t deal with Djurgården again. All their public comments about the transfer were extremely unprofessional too imo.

To be fair, and to give you guys some context. There were two things delaying the deal (from a supporter perspective): first of all we are in the midst of qualifying rounds for ECL. I think us letting JWZ leave after 2 out of 3 rounds isn't very popular... second we had to replace him, and that was a pretty drawn out transfer.

I honestly think us letting him go now, and not after ECL play off is because of him really wanting to go to an english side and the fact that he has been in the club for ages. We had the exact same scenario with Isak Hien signing for Hellas Verona after ECL play offs 2022, but he hadn't the same history with us..

32 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No, from someone with links high up at the club. If you check my record I’ve got plenty right - I said Puma was our new kit supplier about a year ago, for example. 

Fair enough,

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Looks very welcome, nay essential, signing for us.

Has he just completed a full season for his club? Do they play through the summer? 

I know it's not the same as an outfield player but if so, will he be in need of a rest? 

The Swedish season started 30 March and Djurgaerden has played 17 league games, so not too bad.

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

No, from someone with links high up at the club. If you check my record I’ve got plenty right - I said Puma was our new kit supplier about a year ago, for example. 

I bet these links “high up at the club” are so grateful for your constant positivity and how you get behind the club? 

Here's hoping (without much hope) that this transfer is a lesson in patience to all the nay sayers and the "time to move on brigade"

There was not an ounce of negativity from zetterstrom that he wasn't signing .......nor from his club.

He is now our number one and he really will make a huge difference. 

For a goalkeeper he has created quite a buzz of anticipation of what we are getting.

If he is what we are all expecting then we have made an excellent signing.

No matter what happens now the club have been working  hard to bring in decent signings and this has been a very good window.........with one ot two more to follow.

Here's hoping (again without much hope ) all the naysayers will not start with the "he's wonk we shouldn't have signed him" "Warne out" "clowes the clown" after 3 or four games.

All rams together!      

COME ON YOU RAMS👊💥

Edited by AmberRamber

16 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Here's hoping (without much hope) that this transfer is a lesson in patience to all the nay sayers and the "time to move on brigade"

There was not an ounce of negativity from zetterstrom that he wasn't signing .......nor from his club.

He is now our number one and he really will make a huge difference. 

For a goalkeeper he has created quite a buzz of anticipation of what we are getting.

If he is what we are all expecting then we have made an excellent signing.

No matter what happens now the club have been working  hard to bring in decent signings and this has been a very good window.........with one ot two more to follow.

Here's hoping (again without much hope ) all the naysayers will not start with the "he's wonk we shouldn't have signed him" "Warne out" "clowes the clown" after 3 or four games.

All rams together!      

COME ON YOU RAMS👊💥

Don’t hold your breath 🫣

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Looks very welcome, nay essential, signing for us.

Has he just completed a full season for his club? Do they play through the summer? 

I know it's not the same as an outfield player but if so, will he be in need of a rest? 

From my limited knowledge of Scandinavian football their season runs from late March - November 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

He's a right star, though, isn't he? 

His half-time routine and warm-ups along the touchline were brilliant,  and just to make sure they were noticed, he has a non-too-subtle flick of those locks! Sassy Channel 9 GIF by Married At First Sight

Yeah, Russell Hoult he ain’t!