Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, RamInSweden said:

Money. Wages in the Swedish league are piss poor, as is the standard of football.

I live in the fourth biggest city in Sweden, the football team is 8th in the top division, and has an average attendance of 6000.

What attendances do Djurgarden usually attract? In the video clips of last nights match it looked pretty decent and a great atmosphere?

1 hour ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I'm so excited for this signing. When a player is absolutely adored by his selling club, you know you have someone very very special indeed. From watching the above video and the other video his club posted, he has an superb connection with the supporters and his fellow teammates. As Warne keeps on saying about signings, we're getting an incredibly good person with Zetterstrom too.

He certainly doesn't lack confidence! I'd imagine he'll be a great presence in the dressing room.. albeit maybe the odd "difference of opinion"

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Gimme gimme gimme a keeper from Sweden

To the tune of "The Winner Takes it all"

He's Widell-Zetterstrom

Our keeper standing tall

Beside the victory

That's his destiny

That's my genuine shout too, close to the real lyrics so it could catch on.

2 hours ago, Whitz said:

I'm just on about the league in general. It's fair to make a comparison as I'm sure not many Derby fans have followed Swedish football.

Their best couple of teams are roughly top 6 championship. The rest, low end championship to league 1 level