Stefan Teitur Thordarsson - signed for Preston

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Stadium, crowds, facilities...

Nah. 25 year old pro, especially from overseas, will be more interested in pay/position, being near to friends, and where his family might best settle. Stadium and crowd very low down I would have thought. Nice ground Loftus Road by the way for atmosphere; proper old school sound, being close to fans.

46 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Sounds like a lot of agent involvement is in play here to drum up interest and a bidding war perhaps?

First thing I thought reading all this as well. If he's travelling across today, then try make all the interested teams panic so they put their best offer on the table rather than being coy?

More noise on Twatter that it is Preston who he’s joining for a fee of €700,000.
With my objective hat on I could maybe see the appeal to a young international footballer of joining QPR, Preston I’m less understanding of but as always there’ll be multiple factors at play. 
Probably rubbish anyway….

Posted (edited)

If he is joining Preston over going to London and or the Midlands then most likely it's down to 2 factors.

Money and game time.

As has been mentioned before the lure of living in a  capital city like London with it's bright lights and fast life style is massive for a man in his mid twenties.

Plus QPR are located near Chelsea and Fulham .

They also have been making noises about redevelopment of lotus road to a 45000 capacity stadium as well as huge upgrades to the training ground.

If all of else have been laid out in front of him and he's still not going there then Preston must have put a very good package together .

If we can't and or won't match those terms then it's Preston he goes to.

They have a half decent stadium, good support, history and a very fierce rivalry with Blackpool and lesser extent Blackburn Rovers.

So all in all it's not a bad place to play football.

Personally ,however I'm vveeeeery biased , with what Derby offer,  stadium Fervent support and atmosphere, training ground ........and all the other usual things we spout off.......... Then join the rams.

And some players have a desire to play in front of big crowds in a competitive side which I think we soon will be .

Our manager has been very vocal about building his style of midfield and the people we are being touted as in for look to be ,on face value because I know nothing of this lad, pretty good players to be bringing in.

The fact we are facing competition for his signature, humbly submitted ,  backs that up 

Edited by AmberRamber

3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

So he's coming here. We're the team that's bid.

Then he's having a medical at QPR. All done he's going there.

Then he's going to Preston.

Almost like they don't know what's going on.

Also if you have a choice of Derby, QPR and Preston then you aren't choosing Preston.

Unfortunately Preston have a recent record of strong mid table finishes vs us being in league 1 and QPR propping up the division. They probably also have a chunk of wages to spend considering Browne didn’t re-sign and they were willing to make him their highest paid player. 

Some footballer in the conference will care more about the team he’s moving to being a solid spring board to a higher level and also money. 

Shame, was excited when it sounded like he was coming last night, I’ll be disappointed if we don’t end up with any players from abroad that we’ve been scouting, it’s about time we started trying to sign some cheaper talent from abroad rather than just the same old kind of players from the uk 

42 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

He was shown around the ground a month ago, my mate just had no idea who he was. Going to cry myself to sleep if we don’t get him even though I only heard about him last night 

Has Matt Ryan been shown around moor farm?

57 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

They also have been making noises about redevelopment of lotus road to a 45000 capacity stadium as well as huge upgrades to the training ground.

As I said earlier we have already moved into our shiny new training ground, unfortunately due to being hemmed in by houses loftus road is impossible to redevelop , our ex chairman Tony Fernandes really soiled relations with Hammersmith and Fulham council, we desperately need a new ground but getting one any where near W12 will be problematic.

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

In reality, there is very little difference between Derby, QPR and Preston as clubs right now so, inevitably and completely understandably, it will be a choice about money. Whichever club offers his agent the biggest cut wins!

Very little difference other than at least 10,000 more fans every home game and sold out away attendances.

Maybe he doesn't want that kind of pressure.

Good chance Preston have offered him the most money as they’ve lost Alan Brown and also their best player Millar who was on loan last season. They also have a few players who have came from the danish league and been given good gametime aswell so he could see that as a positive also. It is good how it’s obvious our scouting is starting to actually look like it’s paying off.