Sibley gone

Wouldn't mind seeing him go abroad tbh, if only so I don't have to see him in another English team's kit. Maybe another Dutch manager could get what Cocu got out of him.

13 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Wish the lad well but it's not management, coaching or position that has held him back, its simply his own ability.

Having worked under management who constantly favour some and constantly demand excellence from others to the point of causing constant pressure, I wholly disagree.  Rooney set him back 2 years.

1 minute ago, JfR said:

Wouldn't mind seeing him go abroad tbh, if only so I don't have to see him in another English team's kit. Maybe another Dutch manager could get what Cocu got out of him.

He has two offers from abroad I was told 4 weeks ago and two others here, apart from us.

Sad about this. Thought would be the case with extended backpacking holiday - felt as if it was a taking stock type of break. Feel he had his spark taken out of him trying too hard not to get booked and was never the same. Hope Cocu recommends him to someone who can reignite his career just not against us. Good luck Louie

Gutted to lose another talent that is/was 'one of our own.' There is definitely an excellent player in there that is screaming to get out. 

Consistency was a problem throughout his Derby career but the blame for that didn't lay solely at Sibs door. What I loved about him though was his endeavour. Always gave his all for the shirt. 

Good luck for your future career Louie. Hope you can also find a decent barber to recommend a product for your barnet to stop you constantly messing with it.

Posted (edited)

Seems a really good lad, and you could see how much promotion meant to him as a boyhood Derby fan.

You do wonder about his ability to take on and learn new information given his lack of progress over the years. 

I really hope the change of environment does him good and that he goes on to have a great career.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

Sibbo gave his all, but will never be a top midfielder player, goes missing to much and needs to get his head up more , think a division 1 club, Brum, Bolton or Barnsley, will he his next stop, but he gave his all, and I would love for him to prove me wrong. And he was a Ram. 

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Seems a really good lad, and you could see how much promotion meant to him as a boyhood Derby fan.

You do wonder about his ability to take on and learn new information given his lack of progress over the years. 

I really hope the change of environment does him good and that he goes on to have a great career.

If you’re going to make the break, go out on a high! I like Sibs and you can tell his heart has been with Derby. The right management and opportunities make a big difference in any career. He’s a good player and had some great moments. I wish him well and hope he gets the boost he needs.

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Always suspected this was going to be the final outcome when he didn't sign a new deal immediately post-season. 

First & foremost, really sorry to see him go - never nice to lose a lad from the Academy & especially one who clearly loves the club. It's ironic that he has decided to leave after finally finding a regular role in the team for the first time since his emergence in summer 2020. Its also the position I believe suits him the best despite us all hoping that he'd emerge into the first choice attacking midfielder/number 10 role he played in the Academy. The reality is his first touch, lack of pace & limited physicality have restricted his opportunities there & it's been a pattern played out with a few managers now. At LWB those deficiencies were masked much better & his stamina & undoubted quality shone through - its a shame either he or Warne didn't see him as a Championship starter in that position as I thought he'd kick on this season.

I wish him all the very best going forward - once a Ram always a Ram Louie 🐏

You have a canny knack of capturing some of my thoughts before I’ve processed them. Came on here for the first time in weeks to read about the new signings and lament Sibley leaving. I’m going to slightly disagree and say I don’t think he ever got a fair run of games as an A.M, one bad team performance always seemed to me, that Sibbo became a fall guy in that role. Whereas as LWB we had limited options for considerable periods, so he had chance to bed in despite not finding it natural.

There were plenty that wrote off Morgan Whittaker and I think he began to show his potential once he moved. I’m sure the truth will out, as to how Sibbo feels about it in time, but he’s definitely a Ram and always will be. Hope the lad has a long and successful career 🐏