Jerry Yates - signed on a season-long loan

1 minute ago, Jubbs said:

Will be disappointed if he's our only striker other than Collins. Not good enough to lead the line on his own.

image.png.4f75d863cb6e18d382d0793cb98ac3a6.png

Surely they’d be another striker can’t have Collo wash and Yates as our attack 

Jerry Yates is a decent player, who can play anywhere across the front. He signed for Swansea last season, for a few million and has been playing and scoring goals. I would assume on good wages. Swansea were a heavy rotational side last season, so I wouldn't read too much into his disjointed playing time - Lowe and Yates were the top scorers and both made double digit appearances from the bench. He also scored 14 goals for a relegated Blackpool side the season before, which is a very healthy return. 

Not sure why they would loan him out, makes little sense to me. I usually like the information out of Football Insider but this just seems very odd. 

Will miss the first few games of the season as had a red card last game of the season 😂

IMG_9239.jpeg

8 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

King Colin came in with a honking record and did a job for us. Yates is much younger and actually had a decent season at Blackpool. 

People need to accept we’re probably going to be bottom 8 next season. If Yates hits 10 goals then that could be the difference between relegation and survival.

Yates has scored 55 goals in his last four seasons, which is a very good record. I was fairly sure we weren't going to be in the market for a player with that type of record.