Ben Osborn - signed on a two-year deal

Sean

11 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Nice to have the first bit of business done. 

He's a proper Warne signing, seems a really good lad first and foremost. Gutted his Dad won't get to see him in a Rams shirt but you know that's going to be giving him an extra bit of something making him proud. A great first signing! 

Also excited by how Warnes said were going to be going for it next season not just here to make up the numbers.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Great first signing, very happy with this!

I have backed him from a little kid at Forest and had a feeling he would sign one day.  Dare I say it, I even stuck a few quid on him scoring in THAT game! 

Welcome home Ben, go make your dad even more proud than he already would be!

Where will he play do you think?

Good honest, hardworking Pro, played lots of his career at a level above where we are i.e. newly promoted cupboards-bare, Championship team.

Think the other linked players are a bit more rag-tag than him so obviously a few fans a bit miffed if he's our 'sexy' signing, especially after the Mel years.

Plus even in League 1, Hourihane,  Barks, NML, Bradley etc were big names.....

Untried, flair players who look great in highlight reels always get the heart racing more but normally flatter to deceive. 

A player who's probably top end Championship standard though the door, not to be sniffed at.

Refreshingly honest and fab interview from a Derby lad that’s been around the block and is excited to come home! Loved this bit most of all;

“Paul Warne has been brilliant ever since I got let go by Sheffield United and I think it will be a great place to play my football. I don’t think I could have gone anywhere else and had the level of motivation that I’ve got for this one. It ticks a lot of boxes and excites me.”

welcome home Ben I can’t wait to see you attack this league with Rams 🤩🐏👍

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I have a feeling he will be like Jason Knight, in that Paul Warne won't know exactly his best position, but he will still put a shift in regardless.

Personally I would play him in either central midfield or as a LWB.

Maybe a better version of Thompson😊