New Derby County App

Day

9 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

Strange as Google Play seems to indicate I have the latest version, but it looks no different to before and not like that shown in the DCFC website blurb.

That happened to me as well. I just uninstall/reinstalled it and it worked. It crashed a few times trying to log in as well but got there in the end. 

2 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

It's a bit crap isn't it.

It is, people over pay for the same / less functionality but convince themselves that living inside a constrained ecosystem with devices that are categorically less performant is somehow the way to go just because you get a shiny logo to go with it.

Sorry, we're still talking about Apple here aren't we?

17 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

It is, people over pay for the same / less functionality but convince themselves that living inside a constrained ecosystem with devices that are categorically less performant is somehow the way to go just because you get a shiny logo to go with it.

Sorry, we're still talking about Apple here aren't we?

I wasn't but I spent a good 10 years in that bubble, I've now got 3 old macs that are working perfectly as Raspberry Pi Desktops as they were naff all use for anything else!

5 hours ago, eddielewis said:

That happened to me as well. I just uninstall/reinstalled it and it worked. It crashed a few times trying to log in as well but got there in the end. 

Thanks, that has worked.

Not quite as seamless as the app auto updating, or going to Google Play to get the latest version. Perhaps the club website needs to add a line about the need to uninstall the previous version first.

4 hours ago, Mihangel said:

I wasn't but I spent a good 10 years in that bubble, I've now got 3 old macs that are working perfectly as Raspberry Pi Desktops as they were naff all use for anything else!

Weird as I have a mate that has one over 10 years old, still gets online and works with it just fine, emails, photo editing the lot.

If you’re expecting them to cut the grass or stick kettle on, that’s where you’re going wrong.