Roof on PP

Looking at Take That playing at the Shitty ground made me think about why we couldn't utilise PP more by putting a roof on  it. We could then hopefully gain extra income via promoting PP as a viable 'entertainment venue'. I would think the initial outlay would be offset against income coming in from 'regular ' events. Also it would certainly improve the atmosphere. Discuss.

From being on the pitch recently, for some unknown reason, I can’t possibly think why, the sound out there is shocking. Can’t hear the tannoy whatsoever. 

10 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

Looking at Take That playing at the Shitty ground made me think about why we couldn't utilise PP more by putting a roof on  it. We could then hopefully gain extra income via promoting PP as a viable 'entertainment venue'. I would think the initial outlay would be offset against income coming in from 'regular ' events. Also it would certainly improve the atmosphere. Discuss.

money.

I thought anecdotally the chilis and rod Stewart gigs weren’t that lucrative after all is said and done. Reckon it’d take a very long time to recoup and a lot of disruption.

Speaking of ground updates, I wonder if we’ll ever see the ‘pride park plaza’ rear its head again? 

I'd expect a roof is 10 million minimum.

In the off season the pitch is dug up and reseeded.

Apart from a 1 to 2 week window end of theseason, when will these gigs take place?

Zero return on a roof.

To make PP a viable multi-use stadium it would be more important to utilise a removable pitch like Spurs and Real Madrid do. This allows the playing surface to be removed easily for other events and it can be moved somewhere where it can be nurtured instead of being left to the elements all winter.

7 hours ago, rammieib said:

I'd expect a roof is 10 million minimum.

In the off season the pitch is dug up and reseeded.

Apart from a 1 to 2 week window end of theseason, when will these gigs take place?

Zero return on a roof.

We don't play at home every week ?

14 hours ago, Srg said:

From being on the pitch recently, for some unknown reason, I can’t possibly think why, the sound out there is shocking. Can’t hear the tannoy whatsoever. 

At a concert, I very much doubt they would use the tannoy system. There would be a mass of thoroughly professional sound equipment manned by one or more qualified sound engineers. The quality of sound would be dependent on the acoustics of the stadium. Here in the Netherlands, there are regular concerts in 3 stadia. The grounds of PSV, Feijenoord and Ajax. The first 2 are "open" grounds, the latter has a (retractable) roof. The sound at PSV is OK. At Feijenoord it's very good and bands can't blame the acoustics if they have an off night. At Ajax, it's hit n miss. Some places in the ground have good sound quality, others it's poor. Not the sound engineers at fault, it's the stadium.

How would it work at PP, with or without a roof? Only one way to find out...

How many grounds in the UK have a roof? Can't think of too many, I highly doubt it'll happen in my life time.

What does need to happen is more concerts/events, because every stadium up and down the country seem to host them, besides us. Derby in general is pretty crap as a venue and most artists are at Nottingham,  Brum or Sheffield. 

Hopefully when this new venue is built we'll be a good attraction to play within the city.