Transfer rumours

Rather than going all in with the spend spend fraternity I have heard that Warne is suggesting that he has been given a budget that was below what he had at Rotherham for the championship. That doesn’t particularly bother me just sign players who want to play for us for reasons other than big wages. 
I won’t be so grumpy about poor style of play this season as we won’t have the best players in the championship but we should have a team of total effort merchants, last season we should have walked that league with the players we had and the general poor quality of the opposition.

30 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Rather than going all in with the spend spend fraternity I have heard that Warne is suggesting that he has been given a budget that was below what he had at Rotherham for the championship. That doesn’t particularly bother me just sign players who want to play for us for reasons other than big wages. 
I won’t be so grumpy about poor style of play this season as we won’t have the best players in the championship but we should have a team of total effort merchants, last season we should have walked that league with the players we had and the general poor quality of the opposition.

Pretty sure last season we were operating on a bigger budget than Rotherham, so highly doubt that will drop.

5 hours ago, MauritianMonsta said:

Any tips for me lads @Van der MoodHoover - I'm going Sardinia with the mrs and a friend and his mrs Next Weds. 3/7/24 - 9/7/24

Costa Smerelda is where we stayed, but we hired a quadbike and rode the coastal roads and found small but gorgeous beaches  everywhere and we just eat wherever we ended up. The big thing is how much you want to spend, but the whole island seemed beautiful.

My tip would be try a fisherman's risotto. I came home half a stone heavier than I left 😋

51 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Warne got Rovrum relegated but still made a financial profit on the seasons . Clowes /Warne idea could be to have a zero spend this Summer but if we are in the bottom 6 at Xmas , then there would be a war-chest to get us out of trouble in the January window .

36 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Costa Smerelda is where we stayed, but we hired a quadbike and rode the coastal roads and found small but gorgeous beaches  everywhere and we just eat wherever we ended up. The big thing is how much you want to spend, but the whole island seemed beautiful.

My tip would be try a fisherman's risotto. I came home half a stone heavier than I left 😋

I thought who the feck is this fella...until I read the whole post 😬

6 hours ago, MauritianMonsta said:

Any tips for me lads @Van der MoodHoover - I'm going Sardinia with the mrs and a friend and his mrs Next Weds. 3/7/24 - 9/7/24

Which end are you going mate.... Olbia (Costa smeralda or the emerald Coast) or Cagliari?

Sardinia is bigger than you think.... about 300 miles top to bottom 👍

53 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Warne got Rovrum relegated but still made a financial profit on the seasons . Clowes /Warne idea could be to have a zero spend this Summer but if we are in the bottom 6 at Xmas , then there would be a war-chest to get us out of trouble in the January window .

We took him from a championship Rotherham didn’t we?

2 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Blimey! Do we need a "Judith Chalmers Travel Tips" thread?

7 hours ago, Big Trav said:

You’d have thought most of it will be paid up front, especially from a PSR aspect. Either way it’s a nice bit of change that we have coming In. Easily buy 2-3 solid championship players with that

You’re now talking cash flow. Makes no difference here BT.

11 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

The Spy Who Loved Me Opening Credits GIF by James Bond 007

Did you visit the spot where they filmed some of this? Just asking for a jealous friend🤣

17 hours ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Has anyone heard anything of the rumoured Icelandic midfielder potentially signing? 

It's still ongoing, Down to the agreement with the club on a fee

Sell on clause for Delap is 20%

Kellyman is totalling around 2.9m 

Ebou Adams valuation miles away. Our limit is 650k they're talking 2.5m currently.