Transfer rumours

14 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Shut up and leave this thread for transfer gossip. 

Sick of trawling through pages of fans insulting each other and petty arguments. 

I sea what you're doing - you're fishing for a response aren't you? I wonder how many you'll catch?

richard dreyfuss jaws GIF

Edited by Gaspode

2 hours ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Not everyone has time or is always in the right environment to find wherever the interview is playing, navigate and listen to it in full. As such they rely on someone quoting him or providing a written summary.

His interviews often end up trying to be everything to everybody and there's usually an element of stream-of-consciousness style waffle, sometimes contracting himself the very next second after he's said something. That and the obligatory jokey comments tend to confuse matters.  There's also the issue that some things are harder to convey when put to text and don't always come across as intended, especially true of intended humour.

He could help himself out at times by not trying to be the comedian, or by giving the occasional stock answer, but then again he needs that to maintain the cult of personality that surrounds him.

Nail on the head. I sometimes think he picks the team like that. 😄

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Shut up and leave this thread for transfer gossip. 

Sick of trawling through pages of fans insulting each other and petty arguments. 

Did you just insult my pint? Right outside.

I doubt any signings made if any before the Blackburn game will be included in Friday night’s team 

I would suggest they would need time to settle 

PW will already have a game plan in place with the squad he has atm

1 minute ago, BodminRam said:

I doubt any signings made if any before the Blackburn game will be included in Friday night’s team 

I would suggest they would need time to settle 

PW will already have a game plan in place with the squad he has atm

Doesn’t mean they couldn’t be on the bench.

12 minutes ago, rammieib said:

If Dembele has had an offer for a week (I imagine our best offer to date) and he’s not making any decision - do we really want him?

I want players who want to be here.

He’s still a young lad, so probably weighing up all the offers he has on the table. He’ll be signing permanently so he’ll be wanting to choose the best place for him over the next few years.

Don’t think it’s so much as “not making a decision”, more of him weighing everything up 

18 minutes ago, rammieib said:

If Dembele has had an offer for a week (I imagine our best offer to date) and he’s not making any decision - do we really want him?

I think the offer of a week is probably putting him off. Perhaps 12 months might do it? 

Awkward Jim Carrey GIF

27 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I doubt there’s much players who get an offer from a club and accept it within a few days. He’s 21 and will want to make the right decision where he’ll sign a 4/5 year contract I’d imagine. Also agents and other members of his team will look at it etc. Also if he does accept it things then can happen very quickly. For example if he accepted it today he could in theory fly over sign the contract do his medical all by Friday (not to play on Friday but be a ram).

5 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I doubt there’s much players who get an offer from a club and accept it within a few days. He’s 21 and will want to make the right decision where he’ll sign a 4/5 year contract I’d imagine. Also agents and other members of his team will look at it etc. Also if he does accept it things then can happen very quickly. For example if he accepted it today he could in theory fly over sign the contract do his medical all by Friday (not to play on Friday but be a ram).

Except, I imagine we've had offers in for him for a while - but this is our final (or most recent) offer.

So he will have known about our interest for quite a while. 

42 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Do you just expect him to get an offer from us and he drops everything and accepts? 

The lad has got every right to consider other offers also.

23 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Except, I imagine we've had offers in for him for a while - but this is our final (or most recent) offer.

So he will have known about our interest for quite a while. 

Your guess is as good as mine but at the end of the day we’re guessing.

26 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Do you just expect him to get an offer from us and he drops everything and accepts? 

The lad has got every right to consider other offers also.

Between Dembele and JWZ there's a weird new thing among some fans where if they don't immediately sign then we should sack them off. It's proper odd.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

What evidence is there that we have actually made him an offer ? 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Between Dembele and JWZ there's a weird new thing among some fans where if they don't immediately sign then we should sack them off. It's proper odd.

And if they accept straight away then we're probably massively overpaying like in the Mel days. If a house is on the market at £200k, I'm not going in at £220k to get the sale agreed within 5 minutes of the first viewing. It's a negotiation both sides; for us to get the player at the best possible value and the agent to get the best possible value for his player. If there's multiple potential buyers, there's a lot of back and forth between the different parties. 

With Dembele, he's a young lad who was the next big thing at age 14. Then through whatever reason, bad advice or what, he's ended up unwanted at some French club and hasn't been involved in international football for 3 years. He turns 22 this season and has only had one full season of professional football. Look at Luke Plange and Cashin, both came into the first team at a similar time. Cashin is one of the first picks, after two full seasons as a key player. Plange has failed at 4 loans and is now playing in Finland. 

Like you say, this move is massive for Dembele. This sets up his career and gets him back on track. Plenty young enough to get back into the international scene, get a big move into the Premiership etc. He rightfully should take time to consider everything and what's best for his long term career.