Transfer rumours

16 minutes ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

Tbh , the way it’s going I’d rather get no one then the s*** that’s left.

It's like when you get to the bottom of your cereal box...you're left with the crumbs 😉 

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We needed to use the free agent market better than we did. We only signed 2 free agents this summer - Osborn and Jackson.

Just to list some of the more realistic frees for Championhip and L1 clubs this summer: Forino, Tanganga, Sam McCallum, Browne, Vaulks, Docherty, Norwood, Francois, Dobson, Kane, Płacheta, Josh Murphy, Chris Willock, Poveda, Campbell, Jamal Lowe, Vipotnik, Devante Cole

The better ones in that list will command higher wages or in the case of Campbell go for a better proposition (Sheff Utd), or they add to the average age of the squad. Or they’re not good enough and still plying their trade in league one. 

Ayden Heaven at Arsenal looked really good at the back when I took my boys to see them pre-season against Leverkusen. 17 years old, 6ft 2 and looked excellent up against Boniface in the 2nd half.

41 minutes ago, rammieib said:

When we can’t attract a player over Oxford, what’s the reason?

We have the fan base, we have the crowds, we have the stadium, we have the training base… so what is it?

(caveat - I assume we were in for Nelson)

We always reflect on Derby cannot attract over Oxford but look at the other names linked. Sunderland, West Brom, Pompey. 

Sunderland flying. West Brom play offs last year.

Yet he appears to be choosing Oxford.

Only conclusion...he doesn't like Paul Warne of course.

12 minutes ago, roboto said:

Ayden Heaven at Arsenal looked really good at the back when I took my boys to see them pre-season against Leverkusen. 17 years old, 6ft 2 and looked excellent up against Boniface in the 2nd half.

Boniface was getting quite frustrated by the end of the 2nd half

images.jpeg