UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

Best we’ve played all tournament.  The first half was brilliant, have to say, it was a dodgy pen but so what.  Struggled with their tactical change 2nd half.  Maybe it’s me but I wish he’d make the changes 10mins earlier and take a bit more risk.  We’ll need to up the anti a bit against Spain.

It felt like we created a lot more chances.  Kane’s saved effort, Foden off the line and post, disallowed goal.  Much more creativity.

C’mon England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿.  1 more game to go!!

Stat of the night...

Ollie Watkins goal was timed at 89m59s, excluding extra time its the latest winning goal scored in either the Euros or the World Cup.

If thats wrong, don't blame me, just heard it on 5 Live 😛

3 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

It actually does, We stunk the place out in the group stage, We only played well when we went with 3 at the back giving aa little more flexibility down the flanks and an extra body going forward. 

I was joking. Of course it counts. However, if we do win it, it will be the first time ever a team has won a Euros/WC when starting slowly and peaking at the end!

4 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

It actually does, We stunk the place out in the group stage, We only played well when we went with 3 at the back giving aa little more flexibility down the flanks and an extra body going forward. 

It’s the “rope a dope” tactic 

5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I was joking. Of course it counts. However, if we do win it, it will be the first time ever a team has won a Euros/WC when starting slowly and peaking at the end!

I'm a big critic of Southgate, But today I will eat some humble pie, Made subs at the right time, Took off his Captain and looked to have said to the players...go out there and show the Country you can play 👋

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Who has the worse record... @Bris Vegas or @Millenniumram?

I don't think I've predicted England to lose all tournament. And I had Derby for promotion early season. I try not to let opinion or taste stand in the way of logic.

You'd think I'd be fawning over the current Spain side with the way they have played. But I'm not convinced.

Take Rodri out the game and England have a great chance on Sunday.

7 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Stat of the night...

Ollie Watkins goal was timed at 89m59s, excluding extra time its the latest winning goal scored in either the Euros or the World Cup.

If thats wrong, don't blame me, just heard it on 5 Live 😛

It would be in normal time but I bet there have been some goals scored in time added on like Bellinghams was

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You becoming an Englishman on Sunday?

Depends who you are playing, I wanted you to win tonight. If you’d played Germany or Italy, definitely England but I like Spain too, so purely football wise, may the best team win on Sunday. This being said, it would be great for the country to experience winning a big tournament. And I am hoping for an extra  bank holiday too. Come one Keir do it, I am counting on you.

i definitely think you can win it no doubt about it. your bench is better than any other team.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don't think I've predicted England to lose all tournament. And I had Derby for promotion early season. I try not to let opinion or taste stand in the way of logic.

You'd think I'd be fawning over the current Spain side with the way they have played. But I'm not convinced.

Take Rodri out the game and England have a great chance on Sunday.

I think it 50/50 but I reckon the two best teams are in the final.

10 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

We absolutely stunk against Uruguay in 1966. At the time, it was the first time the eventual winners failed to win their opening game.