Pre season

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Seriously, what is going on with Cashin?

So off it - again!

1-0 Barnsely. You could say Vickers should have done better but how is he getting a shot away there? Poor.

Don’t like to think it but seems similar to his performances last year when the PL transfer was on the cards 😬 

Podcast Preach GIF

I always felt more comfortable with Wildsmith in goal even if he did have a few rushes of blood to the head. Vickers tends to flap at crosses whereas Wildsmith was decent from them.

Hopefully we get our new keeper in soon, dont mind Vickers as a backup but not forst choice.

2 minutes ago, Mr Ramtastic said:

It doesn’t matter it’s preseason everything will miraculously come right against Blackburn

Who’s suggesting miracles? There’s still time for them to work on the combinations, tactics, patterns of play and recruitment. None of that is down to miracles, fine have your doubts about things as others seem to but don’t be petulant about it. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Despite the score there are a few positives I can see already. Almost entirely off the ball stuff because physically I think we are of lower mid table Championship standard once the players settle into a routine.

Quality and ingenuity on the ball we're not even top six League One standard at present though.

Goudmijn I'm willing to declare now will be considered the best signing any Championship club has made this season - there's nothing he can't do(aside from shooting perhaps, we've not seen him try yet), never looks sloppy ot panicked. He reminds me of Hughes.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

3 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Vickers is awful and I couldn't care less about anyone's opposite opinion on it , that cross he came out and fully missed it wrong call , and no way that goal beats a good keeper, 

Yep. We need two new keepers.

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Who’s suggesting miracles? There’s still time for them to work on the combinations, tactics, patterns of play and recruitment. None of that is down to miracles, fine have your doubts about things as others seem to but don’t be petulant about it. 

So they are going to work on all that in the last one and half friendlies? Impressive 

Do you think anything but a miraculous improvement is going to secure points in our early games? 

Don’t accuse me of being petulant I am not I am pointing out that the continued assertion that preseason doesn’t matter is looking increasingly ridiculous as the poor performances rack up. That’s without taking tonight into account as it stands

10 minutes ago, Mr Ramtastic said:

It doesn’t matter it’s preseason everything will miraculously come right against Blackburn

Totally agree…..don’t panic Captain Mainwaring……rather lose the friendlies 👍