Pre season

Main takeaways, get JWZ in asap. We need a number nine to play with Kayden and NML. Obvious we looked leggy after a double session. Do better from crosses and better goalkeeping and they score 1 goal at best. Have to do better in front of goal.

Bag of Sh1te that. 

What an insult to those of us who’ve spent money travelling up to Chesterfield to watch it.

You can’t expect to win every game but we’ve been rolled over by a non league side 😂

Granted, a lot of these players are on purely to get minutes in on a pitch, but really struggling to see any pattern to the last third. However

I really like the look of Goudmijn - need to find the right combination between him and Adams and A N Other. 

The back line is in dire need of some pace. Cashin especially looked like he was playing in leaden boots.

Elder and Wilson were good, but need some support from runners.

No9 needed. 

Don't expect Luthra to get a contract. Utterly bamboozled by the freekick.

Ultimately, Warne will have learnt a lot more tonight than had we won.

3 minutes ago, Mr Ramtastic said:

It’s going to be a long difficult season we have been totally out thought and played by a league 2 side. I think the performance was an absolute disgrace 

Probably best you find something else to do if your going to get your knickers in a twist over a pre season friendly 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Bag of Sh1te that. 

What an insult to those of us who’ve spent money travelling up to Chesterfield to watch it.

You can’t expect to win every game but we’ve been rolled over by a non league side 😂

Steady on . That Drummond fella who tore us a new arse for 25 mins was a striker in the 7th tier last season.  It's high calibre opposition.

We started the game with only 3 or 4 players who should be starting in a full fit squad after the window shuts. We've now finished it with only 1 or 2, plus a couple who would only start at National League level and 1 or 2 who would only start regularly at L1/2 level.

Still at least t starters to sign, plus a few players to return from injury to improve squad depth.

It is however disappointing to see Warne choose two wide forwards to start up front, leaving 2 on the bench and our 3rd sat at home. It would have been a reasonable opportunity for Brown to prove he's good enough to play against (what will be) a top L2 side and help gauge what level he's currently capable of. A 3421 with an actual #9 would have resulted in much better balance than anything we saw in this game.

Warne under the cosh already. He needs to put the cones and resistance bands away, and find a pattern of play quickly that cannot be easily undone by lower league opposition. Baffling that these players cannot string a few passes together through the middle of the pitch. The strategy has to be deeper and smarter than chucking some long balls into the box hoping that eventually somebody gets a free header.

Edited by Matchday Fred

We beat Stoke at home 3-0 last season and then went on to lose our first two home games in League 1.

Pre-season results matter very little, as long as fitness is building and there's no injuries then that's OK. Warne wants about 7 more players to add to the squad, so at least he might get them with scorelines like tonight. I'd rather this happen than win 4-0 and think we're more ready than we are, only to get found out when the important stuff begins.

5 minutes ago, Mr Ramtastic said:

It’s going to be a long difficult season we have been totally out thought and played by a league 2 side. I think the performance was an absolute disgrace 

It wasn’t a great performance but I can’t believe how much some people are reading into this game. 

A grim third pre-season and it seams it’s game over as far as the forthcoming season is concerned.

Someone tell Chicken Licken that the sky hasn’t quite fallen in yet.

1 minute ago, Matchday Fred said:

Warne under the cosh already. He needs to put the cones and resistance bands away, and find a pattern of play quickly that cannot be quickly undone by lower league opposition. Baffling that these players cannot string a few passes together through the middle of the pitch. The strategy has to be deeper and smarter than chucking some long balls into the box hoping that eventually somebody gets a free header.

Comical 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We started the game with only 3 or 4 players who should be starting in a full fit squad after the window shuts. We've now finished it with only 1 or 2, plus a couple who would only start at National League level and 1 or 2 who would only start regularly at L1/2 level.

Still at least t starters to sign, plus a few players to return from injury to improve squad depth.

It is however disappointing to see Warne choose two wide forwards to start up front, leaving 2 on the bench and our 3rd sat at home. It would have been a reasonable opportunity for Brown to prove he's good enough to play against (what will be) a top L2 side and help gauge what level he's currently capable of. A 3421 with an actual #9 would have resulted in much better balance than anything we saw in this game.

Which are the 3 or 4 you think will start?

I see NML, Ebou, Kendo, Cash, Nyambe and maybe Jackson starting.

i hope you’re right though - tonight was dreadful.

Biggest issue for me - we don’t look like scoring and we won’t. We are short of a striker and a creative midfielder IMO.

Adams at fault for the first with the missed interception, Bradley’s poor positioning for the second, keeper completely at fault for the third and lack of communication between Bardell and Robinson for the 4th. 

Highlights for me was Kane Wilson looks quick and fit and is still beating players for fun. Kenzo working hard and trying to make things happen even if it wasn’t quite clicking. NML and Jackson lively but with no end product. Elder decent. Nyambe solid.
Ozoh looked a cut above from his first 20 minutes, ball glued to his feet and always looking for an early through ball + CBT had a little 10 minute lively spell, tricked his way to the by-line a few times and put some good crosses in.

Forest fan mates already lighting up my WhatsApp 🙄