Liam Rosenior

chadlad

Crazy. 5 of the top 6 currently receive parachute payments. 

Taken them from 20th to 7th in 18 months. Every squad above them apart from Ipswich has a better squad (could argue Norwich/West Brom are equal squads, but they have more experience).

He can’t be surprised. Hull have been one of the biggest spenders in the Championship in the past 12 months. The owners are ambitious. You have to keep pace or you will fall on your sword trying.

He needs a club that he can grow with, a club that can complement him in a sense of where they are in their respective journeys. Hull have designs for something much bigger at a much faster rate obviously.

A better fit for him would be a club like Plymouth. He has a similar playing philosophy to previous coaches there (Schumacher and Lowe) and they are not yet fully established at Championship level and have modest resources. It’s a challenging job but one where it can be stable and mutually beneficial.

Birmingham City logic or what 

Chairman said he wanted top 10 at the start of the season, and was so happy with how things were going he then gave him a new 3 year contract in December. Now this, just 5 months later. 

Don't think 7th place finish is the problem. Sounds to me like either the owner wants automatic next season and LR thinks it's unreasonable, or they've clashed over how much of the inevitable Greaves fee he will get to meet his objectives.

Extremely harsh decision. The second highest non-parachute payment club finish and despite big investment in January, I’d be surprised if anyone thought they had a right to be top six.

Decision making like this gives me solace that despite how much money the Turks chuck at Hull they’re always going to be undermined by their decision-making. Assuming they’ve got a big name ready to step in now. 

I think thats crazy, he was doing a good job there and is a good coach. He must feel incredibly hard done by, thats 2 harsh sackings hes had already. im sure someone will take him.

46 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

He can’t be surprised. Hull have been one of the biggest spenders in the Championship in the past 12 months. The owners are ambitious. You have to keep pace or you will fall on your sword trying.

He needs a club that he can grow with, a club that can complement him in a sense of where they are in their respective journeys. Hull have designs for something much bigger at a much faster rate obviously.

A better fit for him would be a club like Plymouth. He has a similar playing philosophy to previous coaches there (Schumacher and Lowe) and they are not yet fully established at Championship level and have modest resources. It’s a challenging job but one where it can be stable and mutually beneficial.

A midtable budget can hardly be called "one of the biggest"

2 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

I wonder if he'd have still been sacked if they'd finished 6th+ but lost in the play-offs?

This smacks of deluded owners, (not that we should know)! 🤪

Totally agree, I’ve got an Hull mate and whilst disappointed they didn’t make the play offs, he thought Rosenoir had got them playing decent football and going in the right direction.

He certainly expected him to be given a go next year. The deluded owners comment resonates as having a Birmingham city feel about it to me.

5 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

The deluded owners comment resonates as having a Birmingham city feel about it to me.

Probably end up there, win the L1 Championship and then get sacked for not scoring enough goals in doing so. 

He's been extremely unfortunate so far. I hope he finds the right club for him. He deserves a fair chance.

2 hours ago, Day said:

He’s quickly learning football is a ruthless business to be in.

And one where doing a bit of gardening for a while can be very well paid. He will be alright. I suspect he will have another well paid job long before he has to dig out the potatoes from his allotment.

Sad for him but I’m not that surprised, they spent a fair bit and brought some very good loans in, remember on deadline day there owner was on could tell he wanted promotion from the players he’d signed 

It's probably safe to say the underperformed a little because they spent fairly well (albeit funded by sales), but such a harsh decision. Three ridiculously strong teams and Ipswich doing miracles pushed better teams lower than they'd expect and in a normal season they get playoffs. I'm sad for him, because he seems like a good coach and a nice guy.

We're also gonna be inundated with idiots screaming to sack Warne and get Liam back all summer now.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Extremely harsh decision. The second highest non-parachute payment club finish and despite big investment in January, I’d be surprised if anyone thought they had a right to be top six.

Decision making like this gives me solace that despite how much money the Turks chuck at Hull they’re always going to be undermined by their decision-making. Assuming they’ve got a big name ready to step in now. 

Yeah - like Birmingham did with Rooney when they got rid of Eustace.