Birmingham relegated.

1 hour ago, JPRamFan said:

Didnt realise he was only temporary. At least it's a stain on his CV. The manager who officially brought them down.

I’d highly suspect for that reason alone, he must’ve looked at their remaining fixtures and thought I can pick enough points up here! Take the plaudits etc.

Reckon he underestimated how screwed those players were with all the changes.

Shame eh.

I must admit when Wayne Rooney was our manager I thought he held things together well - under adversity. "I'm not a quitter" said he...until he did. Then he strangely turned up at DC United...then he left there... then he turned up at Brum and from a side on the verge of the top 6 he left them as relegation fodder. I guess he's blotted his copy book forever.... but no doubt a successful career as a pundit beckons....

As for BCFC  I remember a large section of their fans taking delight in our predicament so I don't feel any sympathy to them. They may of course bounce back at the first attempt but bigger sides than them have failed...so we'll watch with interest how 24/25 goes for them....

I've been thinking about Buchanan, and by "been" I mean once, whilst waiting for the next episode of Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares USA to start, then it passed. But I did wonder if he thought other younger members of that team would do the same as he did, and jump ship at the end of that season? I certainly think he was badly advised, that said he seems to have developed a bit since, but the move abroad and then back is a tactic I expected (surprised we've not seen Ebosele yet), so the thought may have made sense, even if it is a bridge burningly d!ck move. Apparently he cost them 1.5m and is in a 5 year deal, no get our jail free cards there and with Birmimgham under no financial pressure he may have to suck it up and stay.

Strangely I have more sympathy with Beilik even if he is even more frustrating. I'm sure it was a combination of the financial pressure of his wages on the books along with his international manager putting pressure on that lead to him going when he did. I'd like to think he may have thought he owed us some performances. That said I could be nieve, as all the while he was here he was either in the treatment room or his representatives were making noises about needing to move on and up.

They seem confident that next season will be a procession as they are well off, and are a big club. Erm, us, Leeds, Sunderland, Wendies, Pompey, Notts, et al would like a word. Granted most of us either had financial woes, or gross incompetence up top, or a fight on with the EFL, but still...

3 hours ago, Terry Hennessy said:

As for BCFC  I remember a large section of their fans taking delight in our predicament so I don't feel any sympathy to them. They may of course bounce back at the first attempt but bigger sides than them have failed...so we'll watch with interest how 24/25 goes for them....

I certainly have no sympathy for the fans for this relegation. They have been relegated because they didn't win enough points to stay up. They had no embargo, no point deduction, no players sold off for derogatory prices. They were basically rubbish from top to bottom. Their reaction to our plight does make me actually pleased however that they've gone down.

44 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I certainly have no sympathy for the fans for this relegation. They have been relegated because they didn't win enough points to stay up. They had no embargo, no point deduction, no players sold off for derogatory prices. They were basically rubbish from top to bottom. Their reaction to our plight does make me actually pleased however that they've gone down.

Remember that they were extremely lucky in having the Bellingham boys who put the club first and waited until signing professional before netting Birmingham massive fees, which have saved the club from breaking FFP rules and the penalties that would have followed.

2 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Remember that they were extremely lucky in having the Bellingham boys who put the club first and waited until signing professional before netting Birmingham massive fees, which have saved the club from breaking FFP rules and the penalties that would have followed.

They may have been lucky in that respect, and good for them and especially for the Bellinghams. However they were completely without restrictions. Their owners screwed up big time. Their choice of manager meant that 3 separate managers whose individual records would have kept them up completely ruined their season. The players although they possibly achieved what was expected of them or more under those three managers, basically downed tools under Rooney. The owners and the players have been relegated because they deserve to be.

The fans follow the team through choice. They don't have a divine right to success. We fans have suffered relegation through the team not being good enough. I never, and indeed never heard anyone else, asked for sympathy because we had been relegated. We took it on the chin when we got eleven points in the Prem. As I said, no sympathy whatsoever for their relegation. I bloody love it though that they have been. I hope that they spend the next five years trying to get out of the 1st Division. Their fans for their "sympathy" towards our plight can suffer that 💩 league and I'll delight in each year they spend there.

They're a hypocritical lot because they think what they sang on that very emotional day for our fans was just "bantz" but they think that us revelling in their relegation shows we "can't take a joke". 

I hope they suffer for many years to come, but I'm only joking bab! 😂

16 minutes ago, richinspain said:

They may have been lucky in that respect, and good for them and especially for the Bellinghams. However they were completely without restrictions. Their owners screwed up big time. Their choice of manager meant that 3 separate managers whose individual records would have kept them up completely ruined their season. The players although they possibly achieved what was expected of them or more under those three managers, basically downed tools under Rooney. The owners and the players have been relegated because they deserve to be.

The fans follow the team through choice. They don't have a divine right to success. We fans have suffered relegation through the team not being good enough. I never, and indeed never heard anyone else, asked for sympathy because we had been relegated. We took it on the chin when we got eleven points in the Prem. As I said, no sympathy whatsoever for their relegation. I bloody love it though that they have been. I hope that they spend the next five years trying to get out of the 1st Division. Their fans for their "sympathy" towards our plight can suffer that 💩 league and I'll delight in each year they spend there.

I don’t particularly think the players downed tools under Rooney he tried to get them to play like Man City and they couldn’t. A good manager will adapt to what players he has and gradually bring in players to suit the style of play he wants. Rooney tried to change style to quickly.

Still great to see them go down and Eustace’s Blackburn win at Leicester condemn them to division 1🤣

Love their misplaced confidence about how quickly they will get out of L1. They seem to think they can spend their way to an immediate return. I hope they A. realise that there is a cap on how much they can spend on wages, transfers and B. How hard a division this is to get out of, regardless of reputation and finances.

Their fans are such arrogant t**** - I'm going to enjoy seeing them flailing around at places like Shrewsbury & Mansfield and I sincerely hope they finish nowhere. 

They’re placing a lot of stock in the owner. The owner who decided to ditch Eustace and bring in Wayne. With good football sense like that he can have as much $$$ as he likes but they’re still more likely to slip straight through to L2 than an immediate return to the Championship.

Deluded f***wits just setting themselves up for more humiliation come the end of next season.

52 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Love their misplaced confidence about how quickly they will get out of L1. They seem to think they can spend their way to an immediate return. I hope they A. realise that there is a cap on how much they can spend on wages, transfers and B. How hard a division this is to get out of, regardless of reputation and finances.

Their fans are such arrogant t**** - I'm going to enjoy seeing them flailing around at places like Shrewsbury & Mansfield and I sincerely hope they finish nowhere. 

They think they'll be traveling the country with "massive support". Wait until they find out that, with us, Pompey and potentially Bolton out of the league, the number of times they'll have an allocation over 2,000 will be quite limited.

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

No offence and nothing personal @richinspain, me old China, but please don't refer to it as "The 1st division", as that comes across as something much, much grander than it actually is.

It's the 3rd division by ranking, or "League 1" by name.

Cheers though! The rest of your post is spot on, imo.   🍻

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

No offence and nothing personal @richinspain, me old China, but please don't refer to it as "The 1st division", as that comes across as something much, much grander than it actually is.

It's the 3rd division by ranking, or "League 1" by name.

Cheers though! The rest of your post is spot on, imo.   🍻

You're right. I don't know where the hell I got 1st division from 😂😂😂

I think that you're wrong there, I believe that there is a cap on wages as a percentage of turnover in lg1 and lg2, but there is an allowance for good fortune to be added to this figure. This good fortune can be funds given to the club over and above the normal turnover, so if they've got mega rich owners who are prepared to give the club a £100m, then they can use this money to fund signings and the contracts that go with them.

Of course there is no guarantee that this will work, as we know from past experience. I expect that Wrexham may be in a similar position and some existing lg1 clubs will be giving them a run for their money, including relatively big spending Charlton.

I feel really sorry for them. Can't be an easy pill to swallow. Bless. The same as I'd feel sorry if Notts end up relegated on the last day, or Leeds lose in the play-offs to a team who finished 17 pts behind them and of course I'm honestly gutted Middlesbrough missed out on a top 6. 

Trying Not To Laugh Season 3 GIF by The Office

Living in Uttoxeter i know a few Birmigham fans and on saturday i was lucky enough to be in the same pub as some of them as they got relegated.

I'd done a 15 mile charity walk from 0800 to 1230 and we went to my local, the Three Tuns in Utch for a buffet and drinks. The walk was in memory of a fellow Rams fan who passed last year with proceeds to Macmillan.

As we gathered in the pub some local brummies were there who i knew and their match was on telly. 

I'd done the walk in a Rams shirt so was wearing it in the pub. As the game progressed and we saw that they were going down one of them came over and gave me a bit of stick cos of me Derby shirt. 

I reminded him that my son had given him a good hiding 20 years previously and it would be embarassing for him to receive one from someone his dad's age!

His dad came over and dragged him back with profuse apologies.

I have zero reason to be sorry that Birmingham have gone down!