Bosun Lawal - signed for Stoke

Kernow

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Exactly. Wolves have built their model on Portuguese players. Will we be looking at that market ?

8AC2752A-0B86-497D-BD8D-E1548D511709.jpeg

With the style of play Warne wants to implement, we'd be better off scouting Scandanavia, Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With the style of play Warne wants to implement, we'd be better off scouting Scandanavia, Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.

Georgia looked good on the break. Are you saying Portuguese players are too intricate/ skilful/ lightweight for 352 ?

12 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Georgia looked good on the break. Are you saying Portuguese players are too intricate/ skilful/ lightweight for 352 ?

Forest paid €16m for one who turned out to be crap in the championship. They bought another one at the same time who was even crapper.

35 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Definitely Scandinavia as very similar to championship style

Are you saying we need a Swedish centre back instead of chap from Germany that we’ve been on about for ages ? 
You might be on to something 😉

43 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Forest paid €16m for one who turned out to be crap in the championship. They bought another one at the same time who was even crapper.

Is it crapper or crappier 💩

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yep, we seem to be shopping for gold with a silver-plated budget.

This is where Jim Smith or even Nigel Clough would be very welcome.

I always look back at the players brought in under George Burley's era as well. Not sure how much was Burley or more Murdo Mackay? 

Some real obscure talents that made a big impact on the team at different stages of their careers - Idiakez, Rasiak, Bisgaard, Reich 

2 hours ago, 'Rambe33 said:

I always look back at the players brought in under George Burley's era as well. Not sure how much was Burley or more Murdo Mackay? 

Some real obscure talents that made a big impact on the team at different stages of their careers - Idiakez, Rasiak, Bisgaard, Reich 

Pretty sure it was Burley's trusted scout - Simon Hunt.

"When Burley joined Derby County in 2002, he made Hunt his chief scout. At the start of last season Hunt’s expanding network of contacts delivered three big players for Derby that took them from a relegation fight to the playoffs. Inigo Idiakez, who Hunt had first spotted at Real Sociedad — “He was out of our range then” — and was at the end of his contract with Vallecano, is perhaps the best striker of a dead ball in the Championship.

Hunt was tipped off that Grzegorz Rasiak, a Polish striker recently sold to Tottenham for £2m, was having trouble with his registration in Italy. “Poland were playing England that week, I saw him give John Terry a few problems, we got him over. The whole thing was done very quickly.” He knew Morten Bisgaard, a Danish international midfielder with Serie A experience, from his time in Scandinavia, and knew his deal with Copenhagen was expiring."

This statement caught my eye: "He had a list of players who were below the radar of his competitors. He knew the markets that were not yet exploited by the big guns. It was no coincidence that three of Hearts’ signings, Rudi Skacel, Roman Bednar and Michal Pospisil, were Czech.

“We know that market,” he says, nodding. “I have said for a long while to George that we know the Czech mentality is good. We know that they are sound physically. We know coming to Scotland is an adventure for them. They adapt to the conditions here, the climate, the training, the food. That wasn’t a gamble"

Edited by Ghost of Clough

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Pretty sure it was Burley's trusted scout - Simon Hunt

Yep I recall hearing that in a conversation with Burley at Ipswich; he valued and trusted his knowledge highly at the time.

16 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Pretty sure it was Burley's trusted scout - Simon Hunt.

"When Burley joined Derby County in 2002, he made Hunt his chief scout. At the start of last season Hunt’s expanding network of contacts delivered three big players for Derby that took them from a relegation fight to the playoffs. Inigo Idiakez, who Hunt had first spotted at Real Sociedad — “He was out of our range then” — and was at the end of his contract with Vallecano, is perhaps the best striker of a dead ball in the Championship.

Hunt was tipped off that Grzegorz Rasiak, a Polish striker recently sold to Tottenham for £2m, was having trouble with his registration in Italy. “Poland were playing England that week, I saw him give John Terry a few problems, we got him over. The whole thing was done very quickly.” He knew Morten Bisgaard, a Danish international midfielder with Serie A experience, from his time in Scandinavia, and knew his deal with Copenhagen was expiring."

This statement caught my eye: "He had a list of players who were below the radar of his competitors. He knew the markets that were not yet exploited by the big guns. It was no coincidence that three of Hearts’ signings, Rudi Skacel, Roman Bednar and Michal Pospisil, were Czech.

“We know that market,” he says, nodding. “I have said for a long while to George that we know the Czech mentality is good. We know that they are sound physically. We know coming to Scotland is an adventure for them. They adapt to the conditions here, the climate, the training, the food. That wasn’t a gamble"

Brilliant read mate thanks for sharing and correcting me. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Topram said:

There after Tom Cannon aswell, doing decent business 

In terms of financial power, we are obviously very much behind Stoke and they can go after these players - fortunately, though, they have a proven track record of destroying careers in recent years.