Underpass Painting: We are Derby

6 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Love this; underpass is part of my route to Pride Park. Hope it doesn’t get vandalised. We need more of this sort of street art. 

8d684901-8cbb-48c7-a144-39666ab96226.jpeg

Definitely need more. Living in Leeds, I see quite a bit of street art with regards to their football team. A lot of the telephone exchange boxes are painted by someone. I think they call him/her the Kirkstall Banksy. 

8 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Definitely need more. Living in Leeds, I see quite a bit of street art with regards to their football team. A lot of the telephone exchange boxes are painted by someone. I think they call him/her the Kirkstall Banksy. 

They do indeed - I have to admit they look great and think something similar would look good around our way, although Leeds would paint more obviously. If memory serves he used to be in a band with Notts Forest referee Jonathan Moss. Not only was their band s*** but they were arrogant unlikeable p***** in my opinion. Don’t know about the Yorkshire Banksy but my opinion of Moss certainly hasn’t changed. 

9 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Hope it doesn’t get vandalised.

Unfortunately the world we live in, I’ll give it a month before some disrespectful moron comes along and adds their own stamp on it. Wouldn’t put it past one of those down the A52 to make a special trip.

13 hours ago, Day said:

Unfortunately the world we live in, I’ll give it a month before some disrespectful moron comes along and adds their own stamp on it. Wouldn’t put it past one of those down the A52 to make a special trip.

That's my biggest fear.

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

I thought it was vandal-proof paint? 

Anyway, we'll all have a photo of it, here's mine. 

1000015366.jpg

I assume that's looking towards PP, with Town Centre behind the photographer?

Just trying to get my bearings for a drive past.  I don't go down that way very often. 

🍻

EDIT:
Just checked Google Maps.  Looks like it's heading to PP from town, but set back away from the road (3rd bridge support?).
Might have to wait until we're out on our bikes for a proper good look at it.  (And at least that'll give me a photo opportunity).  😁👍

Edited by Mucker1884

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just trying to get my bearings for a drive past.  I don't go down that way very often. 

🍻

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

🍻

Yes, the photographer is looking towards Pride Park. It's as you emerge from the railway tunnel at the bottom of the flight of steps, opposite the Alexandra.

There's a handy ramp down for cyclists who wish to avoid the steps! 

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

🍻

That’s right City centre behind the photographer, or more accurately from that angle, the Derwent. You won’t see it from a car (I don’t think) it faces the underpass below the railway. It is magnificent and a credit to the artist.