Underpass Painting: We are Derby

'The inhabitants of Derby are born foot-ball players, wrote a visitor in 1835.

'They have imbibed it with their first food and it animates them through their lives. Enthusiasm is but a cold word for their attachment to it.'

Great quote from Beastly Fury. Would look great on a mural similar to Cloughie’s words “Derby is a football town, Nottingham never…”. 

On 05/05/2024 at 20:53, Ken Tram said:

Hi @loweman2 and @Quangy,

Do you have any photos, or know any history related to the large Derby Ram mentioned above?

On 08/05/2024 at 07:37, Ellafella said:

That’s the thing…they probably do have.

On 05/05/2024 at 20:53, Ken Tram said:

Hi @loweman2 and @Quangy,

Do you have any photos, or know any history related to the large Derby Ram mentioned above?

On 05/05/2024 at 16:45, richinspain said:

What, the whole wall? Surely @loweman2 or @Quangy haven't got a whole wall from a house near the BBG in their loft?

On 08/05/2024 at 07:37, Ellafella said:

That’s the thing…they probably do have.

Here it is ! The loft is at bursting point and the ceiling is ready to cave in at any point, if I put the entire side of the house up there something is going to give and Mrs Loweman2 is going to insist I leave and take all of the “rubbish” with me, so it’s just kept outside.

IMG_5832.jpeg

3 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Here it is ! The loft is at bursting point and the ceiling is ready to cave in at any point, if I put the entire side of the house up there something is going to give and Mrs Loweman2 is going to insist I leave and take all of the “rubbish” with me, so it’s just kept outside.

IMG_5832.jpeg

Reminds me of the old Johnny Cash song "One Piece At A Time" 😅 

3 hours ago, loweman2 said:

IMG_5832.jpeg

Any plans to rebuild it anywhere @loweman2