Worst, cringe making, irritating,adverts

42 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

where they make a big deal of saying the beef they use is British or Irish! Who cares?

My thoughts....

1. By saying that, they can show a degree of traceability of their produce (horse meat scandal, anyone?)

2. Saying British or Irish sounds a bit random but I assume it's just so they can use the same advert in both countries & save on costs.

Deep, emotional, melodramatic adverts, spanning a person's/family's life. Advertising some garbage like McDonalds or kitchen surface cleaner.

My aim in life is to never watch a Xmas John Lewis advert. Still haven't.

Betting adverts. Especially "it matters more when there is money on it". Advertised by presenters who work with Paul Merson shown on programmes with Paul Merson in them. Surely a slogan that should be banned. 

I think the only adverts I do ever see are during the cricket as they are too short to bother turning over or muting.

I think the advertising that works for me is in the underground stations in London. They usually are for films/music/events etc I haven't heard of and I will actually look them up.

1 hour ago, BatRam said:

animal adverts. Charity ones where its hurt/suffering dogs or donkeys n such. breaks my heart.

The worst one was the self made job by the West Ham player beating a cat with his brother.  Whatever happened to him.  Seems he's had a contract extension and been made Captain.  I lose a bit more love for football every year. 

The animated one for Thatcher's cider where they reckon the boss man tastes the ghastly stuff every Friday at 12:30 to make sure it's good enough to be sold. Every Friday? even Bank Holidays and Christmas? If that was the case surely he'd have a nose like Karl Malden?

I don't watch a huge number of TV ads - normally record stuff and then fast-forward through the ads...

Radio ads however are a whole level of annoyance higher:

"Do you have more than £8000 in unsecured debts? get an IVA (Individual Voluntary Arrangement) with us - warning this MAY affect your credit rating" - no, it'll screw your credit rating forever....

"Sell your unwanted Gold, Silver, platinum & palladium - post it to us and we'll pay you next day" - I'm sure you will, but the chances of getting a fair price are pretty damn remote....and how many folk will ask them to return their items?

"If you've been the victim of a scammer, the system has failed you" - no it hasn't, you've been a knobby and sent money to someone dodgy despite the system warning you to check if they're kosher.....

"If you owned a diesel car between...." - ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

7 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I don't watch a huge number of TV ads - normally record stuff and then fast-forward through the ads...

Radio ads however are a whole level of annoyance higher:

"Do you have more than £8000 in unsecured debts? get an IVA (Individual Voluntary Arrangement) with us - warning this MAY affect your credit rating" - no, it'll screw your credit rating forever....

"Sell your unwanted Gold, Silver, platinum & palladium - post it to us and we'll pay you next day" - I'm sure you will, but the chances of getting a fair price are pretty damn remote....and how many folk will ask them to return their items?

"If you've been the victim of a scammer, the system has failed you" - no it hasn't, you've been a knobby and sent money to someone dodgy despite the system warning you to check if they're kosher.....

"If you owned a diesel car between...." - ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

This is basically every American advert, bar those offering medication for situations related to gross obesity followed by an ad offering you free cookie dough for life if you sign up for a year of pizza delivery.  They also seem to a generator fascination.

13 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

This is basically every American advert, bar those offering medication for situations related to gross obesity followed by an ad offering you free cookie dough for life if you sign up for a year of pizza delivery.  They also seem to a generator fascination.

The generator thing is a sort of code.

Basically, you'll need one for when the grid goes offline in the coming race war 

God bless America.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve stopped booking escape lounges in airports now that irritating family are encouraging their ilk to use them. 

Also that smug looking chap in his conservatory who looks way too pleased to see his lady neighbour under the guise of telling her to buy an insurance. No, they’re having an affair 

11 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’ve stopped booking escape lounges in airports now that irritating family are encouraging their ilk to use them. 

Also that smug looking chap in his conservatory who looks way too pleased to see his lady neighbour under the guise of telling her to buy an insurance. No, they’re having an affair 

Smug looking bloke also seen bringing his neighbour parsnips. It's a dead giveaway.