Match Thread: Wycombe (a)

Bottlejobs. With a chance to almost seal autos this lot gives another gutless performance after a week off. No shots on target against a side that played itself out on Sunday. No leadership on or off the field, just some s*** dad jokes. 

The coaches take responsibility for zero learning after the Northampton game.

We don’t deserve to go up full stop. Where is the passion and drive? The players know the situation. Where’s the urgency. I dont get it. Should be going all out last ten in my opinion. How many shots on goal. Cash Ebou and Nelson have been immense all season and are the players can hold their head up high. To be fair I think it was Adam’s who sunk to his knees at the end. Runs himself into the ground. One of only a minuscule handful that do unfortunately 

Ridiculous all round tonight. 

Wycombe emotionally spent from their cup final. Clearly took their foot of the gas and played negative for the majority of the first half. We miss a sitter. And then had no confidence to create anything of note. Unnecessary pressure now for us to win all 3 remaining games. 

I'm fine at this point in the season with scrappy 1 nils, particularly away from home. They're really struggling to get shots on target and create anything, which is down to the management and how we set up. 

Really poor from everyone, the management and the players.

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

What has happened to NML?

He looks like a man who has forgotten how to play football. He needs a rest I think.

He has been the driving force in our season but when he’s out of form we create little.

He really did, he was awful that last 20 mins .. like he was trying to overplay and f*** it up.

bit late in the day for a rest sadly 

14 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If Warne doesn't get us promoted his position is simply untenable, and performances like this are the reason why.

Agreed. Failing to get results or even play well in games as important as these have been completely unacceptable.
Bolton must be absolutely delighted that we’ve yet again gifted them an opportunity to overtake us.  

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

So in summary

cashin, nelson, ebou excellent

smith v good

wilson, sibley quality wise absolutely shocking

collins game passed him by with little service

nml, cbt and washington absolute crap tonight 

Agreed.

But also we were such a stupid team ...no game management/understanding at all.

Stupid off-sides, terrible free-kicks, shooting that was eye-bleedingly bad, poor anticipation,  giving away free kicks, passing to nobody, running into dead-ends... on and on... just amateurish.

Warne has to take responsibility today, failure to go up and I wouldn't cry if we decided he'd had his chance and looked elsewhere. 

Just now, SSD said:

Ridiculous all round tonight. 

Wycombe emotionally spent from their cup final. Clearly took their foot of the gas and played negative for the majority of the first half. We miss a sitter. And then had no confidence to create anything of note. Unnecessary pressure now for us to win all 3 remaining games. 

I'm fine at this point in the season with scrappy 1 nils, particularly away from home. They're really struggling to get shots on target and create anything, which is down to the management and how we set up. 

Really poor from everyone, the management and the players.

We missed 3 sitters

cbt, nml didnt even hit the target with a clean shot at goal from inside the peno box and wash well.. he spoofed a great chance too 

NML was like this last season too, he seems to run out of steam by the end of the season and become a passenger. Bad timing. Not sure what's going on with CBT, he looked shocking tonight. 

1 minute ago, TomTom92 said:

If Bolton win their last 6 including Portsmouth and Peterborough they deserve to go up. That’s the only positive mind. 

People moaning at Warne, did he ask for us to miss 3 sitters in the first half? Granted the second half was toothless but we should’ve been out of sight.

No bottle whatsoever.

If Bolton win their last 6 then I think we should complain to the EFL as they should only have 4 games less. 😀

Seriously though, if they win all of their remaining game then of course they will deserve to go up. Same as if they only draw v Pompey and we win our last 3 games (not looking likely based on tonight's performance) then we'll deserve to go up.

3 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Warne's football and tactics are dire, I never thought being 2nd in the league could be this depressing but it's an impressive feat.

Rather than focus on the manager, what about chances missed by poor shooting or bad touches ? There is a point when it’s 11 v 11 and the guys with the ball at their feet having to do something with it. 

I am usually positive but there’s no hiding behind anything tonight.

That was absolutely shocking to the extent that you could argue a point was more than we actually deserved.

A draw was a fair expectation before the game. We knew Wycombe would make it awkward for us. However the manner of our performance to get there was just so desperately sloppy and that will swing the feeling from it being a good point to a disappointing one.

Bolton and Peterborough will be rubbing their hands tonight and rightfully so.