Athletic article on Chris Kirchner

11 hours ago, inter politics said:

As if we didn't already know, this  demonstrates the complete ineptitude of the EFL decision makers. We will never forget.

Lets put a bit of reality here.

We all got conned, USA financial institutions, A Texas Ice Hockey team, The EFL, Rooney and his advisors/agents, The media, MPs, I've no time for the EFL...a day with a gang of Daleks would suffice for me, Their day of reckoning is yet to come👍

He was eventually rumbled when Dan Roan(BBC)...I think asked him a series of questions while he was in Dubai sponsoring a golf tournament, Kirchner couldn't answer his questions.

When he got back home he sacked a few employers, Locked them out of their computers and tried to hide his dirty dealings, It was then that the Directors voted him off and locked him out of his computer software and the saga began.

Soon after a visit by a certain group MIBs taking over his house and goods, The investigation has started, Now ended with a 20 year sentence...a damn site more than I thought...will he do the full term...I doubt it, The last words he was heard uttering when the cuffs were put on him was..."I do not like Orange" 😊   

2 hours ago, Mihangel said:

I don't disagree with you comments BUT Clowes had no legal obligation to be satisfied of Kirchner's worth etc. Quantume however, is another story. If we park due diligence and questions around fit and proper owner  and look at this purely from a money laundering perspective - And some on here, like me, will have done their anti money laundering training so will know the items that will flag up a potential problem:-

• Is this person known to you/us, an existing customer/client? No - Flag 1
  • Is the money coming from an overseas account? Yes - Flag 2
  • Is this a large sum of money? Yes - Flag 3
  • Can the individual prove the provenance of the money? No - Massive red flag with bells on it and a loudspeaker shouting 'look at me'.

Personally, with the benefit of hindsight, how could Kirchner have £55m knocking around? He hadn't sold anything, inherited anything, he didn't mention winning the lottery. As I alluded to earlier, if you're getting a mortgage the bank are going to look at where your deposit came from, if it's from 'savings', does it make sense? they're going to see copies of you bank statements and payslips etc to check affordability.

This is really basic stuff and something that would be expected of someone exchanging £55k in foreign currency, never mind £55m.

He wasn't looking at paying £55M. He was looking to buy the club for 25% of the non-football debt plus 100% of the football debt. He was not looking to buy the stadium up front.

14 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Tbh good job the FBI blocked the money transfer or we could have been really f*****.

British financial system practically supports financial crime so good job someone's on the ball.

Wasn’t the money in an ESCROW account? And stuck there while the banking authorities checked where the loot came from, It was at this point all the theories started to surface 🤯

4 hours ago, Mihangel said:

I don't disagree with you comments BUT Clowes had no legal obligation to be satisfied of Kirchner's worth etc. Quantume however, is another story. If we park due diligence and questions around fit and proper owner  and look at this purely from a money laundering perspective - And some on here, like me, will have done their anti money laundering training so will know the items that will flag up a potential problem:-

• Is this person known to you/us, an existing customer/client? No - Flag 1
  • Is the money coming from an overseas account? Yes - Flag 2
  • Is this a large sum of money? Yes - Flag 3
  • Can the individual prove the provenance of the money? No - Massive red flag with bells on it and a loudspeaker shouting 'look at me'.

Personally, with the benefit of hindsight, how could Kirchner have £55m knocking around? He hadn't sold anything, inherited anything, he didn't mention winning the lottery. As I alluded to earlier, if you're getting a mortgage the bank are going to look at where your deposit came from, if it's from 'savings', does it make sense? they're going to see copies of you bank statements and payslips etc to check affordability.

This is really basic stuff and something that would be expected of someone exchanging £55k in foreign currency, never mind £55m.

That's all well and good but the problem isn't Quantuma, it's the lax measures in place when it comes to football club  ownership and the nigh on impossible situation left for them to handle by the previous owner, with the difficulties  exacerbated by outside parties wanting to take advantage of us for a quick buck.

The alternate to Kirchner was.... ummm, wait for Mike Ashley to come and pick up the scraps with the club facing points deductions and further sanctions in League One, and there's not even a guarantee he'd have bothered in the end.  

In our situation the only choice was to entertain chancers because any serious businessman without an association to Derby wouldn't have touched us with a bargepole. 

Even though it was a painful process and they did obviously make mistakes, I'd dare anyone else to have got a better result in the end, regardless of the tribulations along the way.

People should be thanking Quantuma for the work they did keeping the club afloat and working out all the deals that were in place for when David Clowes threw his hat in, not continuing the witch hunt against them.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

I think his attempt to buy Derby is what started the chain of events into his personal funds. Like others have said, it raised question marks over where it all came from, it never passed UK money laundering checks and from there I think tip-offs to the FBI will have been made.

So sad, how many more lives will Derby County ruin?

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Everyone seems to be losing sight of why Kirchener and Quantuma were ever involved with our club at all 

Is that literally everyone 🤷🏻‍♂️

55 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Everyone seems to be losing sight of why Kirchener and Quantuma were ever involved with our club at all 

We all know why Quantuma were involved and who was at fault,  but Kirchner was involved because he's a chancer.