Match Thread: vs Northampton Town (a)

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

Tbf, he never had any in the first place.

It's amazing isn't it? Biggest league game of the day, and they send us THAT?!?

We played badly, but that wafty twonk will probably get a promotion faster than we will.

I struggle to remember a time I’ve been so incensed by a performance or a result. I feel absolutely conned for finally allowing myself to believe in Derby County in their current form. I felt physically sick at the performance from the first 30 minutes that I just wanted to remove myself from watching the game. It was a disgusting display. A horrible game. I watched the Mansfield and Colchester game before hand and both of them were MILES ahead of what I had to endure in that first half. 

Warne fell upon a system with Gayle upfront and it all started to click, when you see the performance today it’s apparent that he knows what he wants to achieve but doesn’t have a plan on how to achieve it. Gayle was an easy solution at the time, I’m sure all things being well that he wouldn’t have signed him. Today really played out all my worst fears - I’m just glad that I was able to monetise us not winning promotion whilst we sat in our best situation. I have absolutely no faith in this team and less so in the manager to find a solution. 

I like him as a person, I even find his management and coaching not without merit, but why waste the best part of £10m on keeping an category one academy when you have such a short-sighted approach in the first team. It makes no sense to me. If we fail this season, there is absolutely not way he can remain as the Derby County manager for the next rebuild. Get him gone. 

The most depressing thing about days like today is not the performance which was awful but the fans reaction to it. 
Promotion is won over a season. At Bristol we looked like a promotion team. This day we looked bottom half. That’s why overreacting to either game is ridiculous. But the “pitchforks out” reaction after every game we lose is just soooo tedious and it’s always the same people. 

14 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

So we lost a game, remain second four points clear with the team below having a game in hand.

some or even all the teams below will have bad days and drop points. It’s how football works.

Some people want to fire the manager. I’m just thankful we have a sensible owner.

To be fair, some people want to fire the manager even when we win and find ourselves in second place. 😀