Derby v Stevenage FC - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

4 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

That was awful, the subs made me hate football. Really not sure how that worked! Hope we find another plan soon

don’t think anyone played badly but the plan was bizarre at best

You can only beat the team in front of you.

I've been one of Warne's fiercest critics, but we never looked like being beat today, it was just a big scrap and we won it with a last round knockout.

COYR.

14 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

So would you rather best good football and stay down or play determined football like the billy davies team and get promotion? Peterborough are apparently the best footballing team in the league and have lost four in a row and sit 10 points behind us. 

the footballing can come back for all I care when we get back into the championship 

14 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

So would you rather best good football and stay down or play determined football like the billy davies team and get promotion? Peterborough are apparently the best footballing team in the league and have lost four in a row and sit 10 points behind us. 

the footballing can come back for all I care when we get back into the championship 

Indeed Barney19991. You and I both want Derby to rise to the Premier League. Billy Davis managed to do that and he couldn't sustain it. Was there ever a worse manager than Billy Davis? Yes! Tommy "t***" Docherty.

17 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

is this a trick question🤣

Wilson is a defender

Bird has spent nearly all his professional career as a defensive mid

Wilson isn't a defender. He's played most of his career as an attacking RWB and is one of our most consistently attacking players. Bird hasn't been playing as a DM for some time and even during the 1st half today he wasn't.

You're on ignore now. I'm fed up of your incessant trolling as, I suspect, are many others.

23 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

You do remember what happened to that billy davies team after promotion...

Also, why is it one or the other? It is possible to play some form of decent football and get results

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

interesting that you always seem to insult me rather than actually try to back up any of your points. I guess the truth hurts...

The truth is we are 2nd in the league and our manager is doing a good job this season and for some reason only known to yourself you can't give him any credit whatsoever 

1 hour ago, norwichram said:

The forum doesn’t need the last two words mate. You’d made your point 👍

Yes it does … and why ? … because the “opposition” seem quite comfortable with using descriptions like clown, PE teacher, Small time manager. You reap what you sow. .There will always be an equal an opposite reaction.

I get really stroppy these days and am considering bowing out because the anti Warne stuff from about half a dozen posters is so toxic and inaccurate, it disturbs my karma. I wonder if you would caution those who say clown or describe our manager as inept or make mockery of his desire to have honest players with heart and character rather than just money grabbers after a pay cheque 

Not having a go at you personally but just pointing out that it is a two way street. 

We were nearly gone 18 months ago. Now we are in second place and have just won 3 tough points with a fantastic supportive crowd, yet because of the dripping poison from a certain merry band this is a 10 year forum low for me. It isn’t about folk having ideas or opinions or differing views, it’s a mindset that’s ugly and needs to be challenged. So well done @Stive Pesley 

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

Wilson isn't a defender. He's played most of his career as an attacking RWB and is one of our most consistently attacking players. Bird hasn't been playing as a DM for some time and even during the 1st half today he wasn't.

You're on ignore now. I'm fed up of your incessant trolling as, I suspect, are many others.

Canadian Lol GIF

A RWB is a defender

He was also playing as a RB just a couple of games ago

He took the no.2 shirt, so clearly sees himself as a defender

Bird has been playing as part of 2 CDM's for his whole career up until about 4 weeks ago

Well we completely out foxed Stevenage didn’t we - by us not trying to score a goal or attack them with any menace until the very end of the game 

Fantastic 3 points Awful game to watch can we please get promoted and get out of this league! 
If we play like that for much longer and not get promoted then season ticket sales will be very slow 

Well done Sibley who scores some very important goals for us 

3 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

The truth is we are 2nd in the league and our manager is doing a good job this season and for some reason only known to yourself you can't give him any credit whatsoever 

thats not truth, thats your opinion

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Just back from a game that I actually really enjoyed....the team really grafted that victory against a horrible bunch of players with a even more horrible manager.

he was the one who taught warne tactics at rotherham

Edited by Chris_Martin

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

You do remember what happened to that billy davies team after promotion...

Also, why is it one or the other? It is possible to play some form of decent football and get results

Do you listen to anyone ? The academy was stripped of its best talent. The EFL are dictating who and what we can sign, our owner doesn’t have borrowed money to spend. Top line strikers or players in their prime are not available to teams in this position. 

We faced a physical team today and went face to face in the first half and kept them at bay. We then altered our set up and beat them. We did that with the help of a cracking crowd, a manager who was initially tentative because of player shortages in key positions but had the nous to have a plan B . We were all over them for the last 20. It wasn’t pretty for an hour, I didn’t enjoy the football but just maybe it was because we were playing cheating thugs. I wonder what would have happened if we’d been given a pen when Elder was bear hugged in the box as a cross came in ?

26 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Indeed Barney19991. You and I both want Derby to rise to the Premier League. Billy Davis managed to do that and he couldn't sustain it. Was there ever a worse manager than Billy Davis? Yes! Tommy "t***" Docherty.

Tommy Docherty was definitely the worst Derby manager in my lifetime. I’ve probably seen 37 or 38 Derby Managers 

Edited by Elwood P Dowd