Derby v Stevenage FC - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

19 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Just back from a game that I actually really enjoyed....the team really grafted that victory against a horrible bunch of players with a even more horrible manager.

Bradley was outstanding today I thought but there was no one I could really criticise a great deal.

Warne,overall,picked the right team and played the right tactics with this one and in doing so,nullified Stevenage.

Another 3 points well earned,spot on.

Oh,I forgot to mention the crowd today,we were outstanding 😁

That’s pretty much how I saw it.  Bradley had his best game in a Rams shirt, I wonder if being captain gave him more confidence?  I think Warne picked the best starting 11 he could given he’d lost Collins on Wednesday and being a bit careful with others coming back.  I also thought his subs were spot on.  Smith allowed Bird more freedom and a bit more positivity on the right with moving Wilson there.  I think if we want Sibley to play in a more attacking role, he’s best as an impact sub and it worked today.  Full credit to Warne, I’ve been critical of his use of subs in the past, but not today.

I’m sorry but I really don’t get this place sometimes.  We’ve taken 6 points this week and opened a gap on 3rd and 4th.  They have games in hand but they’re under pressure to win them and it this stage of the season I’d rather have the points.   We win 3-0 on Tuesday and we didn’t deserve as we only had 30% possession.  We win today and we only had 2 shots on target. They were organised at the back and did OK at nullifying us and we lost our focal point up front in the week.  I despair!!

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

For the Warne thread I suppose, but as I've said before, 90-95% of managers would have us in a better position. With no striker, Warne benches our most dangerous attacking midfielder? He got lucky.

Yet another churlish post - hardly a surprise really. Why not just enjoy a last-minute winner and keep the anti-Warne comments at bay, st least for another week?

Just back from the game. First half not at it couldn’t string the ball or make passes but loved how we got into them with the rough and ready approach. Seasons past we go in two nil down and get outmuscled. 

the game changed for me on two decisions. Wilson moving to rwb and korey smith coming on. Love nyambe but he’s not a rwb he’s much better at right back. As soon as sibley came on I turned to my dad for some reason and said he will score a last minute winner just had the feeling. 

The team might not always be the best to watch and believe me I could have had a nap first half but I love the work out of possession and the hard work for the shirt. And the crowd second half was the best I’ve witnessed since relegation and I loved every minute of it 

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

A determined performance,  never gave up hope. Well played @Caerphilly Ram! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

A determined performance is not a good performance. DCFC were once one of the finest football clubs in the country - and now we are reduced to giving a "determined performance" against a little team called Stevenage in the third division? Look on my works you mighty, and despair, said Brian Clough before he fell into ditch on his way home from the pub to his house in Quardon.  Que Sera. Sera.

5 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

I think you'll find it's you that's embarrassing 

I’m not singling out MB with this in any way but just using this post as a starting point….

But why on this forum do so many folk  have to resort to disparaging or nasty remarks towards posters whose opinions they disagree with ? I’ve said before that we are all fans and want success for the Club. We can debate and agree to disagree but criticizing something about the Club does not make someone less of a fan compared with one who always has the rose-tinted specs on. Neither does whether u were at the game or watched it on tv. Neither does the length of time one has been supporting the team.

When I look at other teams’ forums I just don’t see the bile that so often rears its head on here. I know there is a certain ‘clique’ of members on here who will always circle the wagons when one of them is disagreed with etc. There are also certain members who are singled out for special treatment because they are viewed by those members as being negative. But that’s their right. That’s what the forum is supposed to be about.

It should be an inclusive forum not one where people attempt to bludgeon others to accept their or the ‘party’ line.

And to be clear, i and others will strike back if attacked but that’s not what we want to have to do. We won’t be cancelled by the mob. 

2 minutes ago, Sandman said:

A determined performance is not a good performance. DCFC were once one of the finest football clubs in the country - and now we are reduced to giving a "determined performance" against a little team called Stevenage in the third division? Look on my works you mighty, and despair, said Brian Clough before he fell into ditch on his way home from the pub to his house in Quardon.  Que Sera. Sera.

So would you rather best good football and stay down or play determined football like the billy davies team and get promotion? Peterborough are apparently the best footballing team in the league and have lost four in a row and sit 10 points behind us. 

the footballing can come back for all I care when we get back into the championship