Derby v Stevenage FC - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

They were a decent, well drilled outfit and you can see why they are up there.

I thought we battled hard and tried to get the ball on the ground.

We obviously were lacking a focal so it was always going to be difficult.

Bradley was absolutely Head and shoulders MOTM. That one bit of skill second half was worth the admission price alone.

Hats off to the management team for making the necessary tweaks as they worked.

The atmosphere second half was the best since relegation. Everyone knew the team were up against it and came together as one.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Can’t you give it a rest just for once? 

We’re in league 1 with a good deal of league 1 players. Stevenage may not be Man City but they’re in the fight for the play offs. When you add in the number of injuries we have at the moment, especially up front, then I think the whole team (including the coaching staff) deserve some credit for grinding out a win against a team with one of the best away records.

I think you'll find most of our team is championship level, not league one.

'One of the best away records' which is actually only 2 wins in their last 7 away games. Kind of shows the poor standard of teams we're up against if anything

I haven’t seen the game so can’t comment on how we’ve played but I have to say I don’t get this whole ‘we should be beating Stevenage’ line, as if they are canon fodder. They have occupied a top six spot for more of this season than Derby, have a top three away record and set up in a way that many ‘ better’ sides struggle against.

As the old adage goes, you have to earn the right to win a game before you win a game. That appears to be the case today. 

18 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's not just us then they don't get the blatant penalty decisions 😛

Nigel Clough-esque singling out and blaming of one player for the goal and defeat…😂😂😂

Fair play though… some nice comments about us ..👍

I must have been making a cup of tea when the blatant penalty event occurred…..🤷…. Anyone any comments on it ????

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Scrappy 1-0 win, Nelson, Cashin and Bradley all very solid, we didn’t get bullied in the way we can normally. Adams did well too. Well done to Warne for making the changes to the side that swung momentum in our favour.

Clean sheet at home for the first time this year, 3 points in the bag, no more injuries (🤞) not been fun and felt pretty lonely on here in terms of optimism but I’m happy with that. 

A determined performance,  never gave up hope. Well played @Caerphilly Ram! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Never have I been so pleased to see a set of cheating players, haranguing management team and arrogant fans go home with absolutely nothing!

They were disgraceful, weren't they? I thought our players stood up to their nonsense superbly and showed real strength. Steve Evans and his little puce-faced monkey both getting booked capped my afternoon. How that slob is still allowed to be employed in football I don't know.

As for their plastic-cockney fans, I hope they enjoyed the "Library" in the 2nd half - I thought our fans were magnificent 👏

1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

I don't recall any criticism about the ref's handling of the match today, or have I missed something? Usually the main topic

It was fairly well officiated today I think. In the first half I felt Elder was being held in the box and we could have had a pen, but in hindsight he was looking for it a little so can understand it not being given. Adams kicked out at their lad at one point but their player got booked and Adams got away with one, other than that I think the game was well managed by the ref.

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I don't recall any criticism about the ref's handling of the match today, or have I missed something? Usually the main topic

Thought he was bloody terrible tbh. Get giving free kicks for nothing and the game deteriorated as a result.

1 hour ago, CapeTownRams said:

Happy to listen to your argument and your points. 👍

But in truth did we really look like winning until the one moment with Sibs ? 
We can all agree to disagree on certain points but my feeling is still that we won despite of PW not because of him.

But a win is a win and we move on…

You don't "move on" though - that's the problem.

2 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

I haven’t seen the game so can’t comment on how we’ve played but I have to say I don’t get this whole ‘we should be beating Stevenage’ line, as if they are canon fodder. They have occupied a top six spot for more of this season than Derby, have a top three away record and set up in a way that many ‘ better’ sides struggle against.

As the old adage goes, you have to earn the right to win a game before you win a game. That appears to be the case today. 

Evans was right in his interview….. PW (and us !) will be sleeping a bit better knowing that they have to play all of the top contenders… Stevenage are tough to beat and u feel that some of those other teams will drop points against them…