Paul Warne

Day

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

No. I wouldn't trust him to spend Clowes Developments money either. I'd rather give the cash to Clough Jnrs newsagent brother or whoever got George Burley his signings...

Have you not rated the business he has done in this window?

For me this is the first time he’s had a little bit to actually spend and I can’t find much of a fault in any of the new signings so far.

If anything, the biggest under-performers of the season so far are actually all Rosenior signings!

15 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Have you not rated the business he has done in this window?

For me this is the first time he’s had a little bit to actually spend and I can’t find much of a fault in any of the new signings so far.

If anything, the biggest under-performers of the season so far are actually all Rosenior signings!

Not really. We needed a.n.other keeper and I'd rather we hadn't spent on an untried in English football 26 yr old. Kenzo may or may not come good, too soon to tell (so same as keeper but at least the right price). Adams is ok but again unproven and somewhat of a 'bull in a china shop'. Who else, Collins an extra year, nah. Yates perhaps haven't seen but only a loan. Jackson, probably okay as long as Warne doesn't try and play him like he now does NML. If Rosenior's signings are under performing? you must mean Barks? Can't blame him tbh Warne has never really appreciated or rated him I think. He re-signed NML. Dunno, only Osborn and he was signed as a crock, looks comfortable at Championship level.

So many on this forum wanted Warne out for most of last season, and it ended up being one of our most successful seasons ever (92 points, 13 away wins, best defence in the EFL, all Derby County records). Forgive me if I ignore these exact same people again this season calling for him to be sacked when we are sat in mid table after 3 games.

47 minutes ago, DB83 said:

So many on this forum wanted Warne out for most of last season, and it ended up being one of our most successful seasons ever (92 points, 13 away wins, best defence in the EFL, all Derby County records). Forgive me if I ignore these exact same people again this season calling for him to be sacked when we are sat in mid table after 3 games.

Only 2 points outside the playoff place. 😀

Seriously though, unless you're up there on 7 or 9 points, or down there on 1 or 0 points, then the league table is pretty irrelevant at the moment.

I'm certainly not in the Warne out camp (yet) but I do have a little more sympathy this season with the get rid brigade depending on how the next 7 or 8 games pan out.

A newly promoted team have lost 2 from 2 scoring 1 and conceding 6. Lost to a league two team on penalties but aren’t having a meltdown because there fans are saying it’s the man who’s got them promoted. It’s Ipswich by the way. They lost to Wimbledon on pens after drawing 2-2 in the 90 minutes. 

3 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

A newly promoted team have lost 2 from 2 scoring 1 and conceding 6. Lost to a league two team on penalties but aren’t having a meltdown because there fans are saying it’s the man who’s got them promoted. It’s Ipswich by the way. They lost to Wimbledon on pens after drawing 2-2 in the 90 minutes. 

Unbelievable. And now they only have the Premier League to concentrate on.

A bit too soon to call this one. I'd prefer to judge Warneys recruitment after another 10 games. Some will come good others won't. Hopefully more good than not, as the management somehow need to get us enough points to avoid being involved in a relegation scrap. 

5 hours ago, bimmerman said:

If I gave him a quid or 2 and asked him for a can of pop, probably,If we were in a newsagents.

However if we were in a dog food factory, probably not, they don't have a till or cans of pop for sale I'm assuming 

This is probably the best ever post in the worst ever thread.

Thank you for giving this thread the disrespect it deserves.

6 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Personally it's a no from me ,  it's either ex Rotherham or someone he knows previously. 

4 more matches and if no improvement he has to go. 

This is just complete b*******, though? It just shows me that logic just gets in the way of a daft point. 

We've signed god knows' how many players during Warne's reign (25-35?) and we've signed three that had played under him before. Vickers, Washington & Yates. We've spent less than £50k acquiring those three players on transfer fees.

Why is common sense and rational thought so difficult to come by these days. 

For me recruitment has been below par under Warne.   We'll see how the new players do over time but there are a fair few I'd say have been disappointing - Bradley, Ward, another year for Collo, Washington, Vickers, all the young loans that joined under him, CBT anf Fornah (though he hardly had a chance).   

There's been a few good ones too so it's not been all bad but there's no evidence we are getting an edge over the competition with smart recruitment.