Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Burrows, brannagan and langstaff all look good players 

who are Jackson and wiles?

Presumably Kayden Jackson at Ipswich.

Ben Wiles is a midfielder who was one of Rotherham's better players under Warne, though a bit of a diver, I think he's with Huddersfield now.

Edited by Carnero

48 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

The  five names I’ve heard there’s interest in from us are:

Brannagan 

Jackson

Wiles 

burrows 

Langstaff 

Not a chance we would be able to afford Burrows

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

He would still command a compo fee I believe which would be above our budget

We took just over a million for Bird with 3 championship campaigns under his belt, an U18 premier league winners medal and an EFL apprentice of the year award at championship level, on the understanding we may well have got less at tribunal.  It will be less for Burrows if it's on a criteria basis.  Either way, I suspect emphasis to be on midfield pace and goals, strikers and a quick centre half to compliment the ones we have.  Not every player can be outside our budget or we have an issue.

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We took just over a million for Bird with 3 championship campaigns under his belt, an U18 premier league winners medal and an EFL apprentice of the year award at championship level, on the understanding we may well have got less at tribunal.  It will be less for Burrows if it's on a criteria basis.  Either way, I suspect emphasis to be on midfield pace and goals, strikers and a quick centre half to compliment the ones we have.  Not every player can be outside our budget or we have an issue.

Where have you seen we took just over a million ? 

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Has anyone connected with Derby actually come out and even alluded to what our transfer budget will be this summer, whether we will have to sell first to outlay on transfer fees etc etc?

I texted the DCFC press officer yesterday to ask if I can have details on next seasons transfer budget.

He replied promptly with ‘no you can’t’. You’d expect the press officer to be able to spell ‘can’t’ wouldn’t you ?

Edited by Matchday Fred

14 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

I texted the DCFC press officer yesterday to ask if I can have details on next seasons transfer budget.

He replied promptly with ‘no you can’t’. You’d expect the press officer to be able to spell ‘can’t’ wouldn’t you ?

Is that the same guy Simmo knows in the media department 😉

41 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We have a bad habit of selling players on the cheap. Just over a million for Bird is pittance.